Detachering via YER
Manufacturing, Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
Within Philips Healthcare the Business Unit Image Guided Therapy (IGT) R&D Best is urgently looking for a Electrical Designer preferably with experience in the medical domain. As IGT, we are the leading innovator in image-guided interventional solutions. With our partners, we improve the health of patients and save lives, every day, everywhere!
The Key Areas of Responsibility for the (Sr) electrical designer are:
- Responsible for Requirements, Design, implementation, test and integration of his Unit in accordance with the higher level Requirement and - Design specifications / architectures including alignment with all the relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification.
- Understands and communicates consequences of his/her design on the architecture.
- Determines the Unit interfaces (HW/SW), in close consultation with relevant disciplines.
- Ensures that there is proper documentation for his/her design.
- Defines, executes and takes the lead in concept and feasibility studies with a limited scope to investigate the usability of new technologies.
- Contributes to technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities.
- Contributes to the Work Breakdown Structure/ the planning process of his/her area.
- Draws up personal schedule and reports on progress.
- Inspires his team members to get the job done.
- Performs work in line with the processes that have been agreed in the department.
Within the R&D department of IGT Best the Image Chain Cluster has a simple and ambitious goal to make the best Image Chain in the world which includes X-Ray, imaging data processing, data & video networking and display functionality. This role will specially focus on PC’s and video/Data networking. Involved parts are custom specific developed by (international) partners, or just COTS products.
- You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension)
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
In addition to specific electrical areas specific job knowledge, skills and experience are:
- Since our strategy is to outsource the (detailed) design and engineering activities to our suppliers, we require excellent communication skills to be the technical contact towards our design partners and/or suppliers. This includes together with our supplier (but each with his own responsibility and ownership) the alignment of requirements, test approach, design reviews, FMEA, and specifying and verifying quality and reliability whilst maintaining a good & challenging professional relationship.
- Minimally Bachelor degree (Dutch: HBO) in Mechanical engineering or other relevant discipline
- Experience and knowledge of system development, knowledge of HW/SW interfaces.
- Experience with development in volume production and maintenance of released products
- Knowledge and understanding of other disciplines with which co-operation takes place.
- Good command of English (both written and verbal).
- Disciplined team worker.
- Analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with ability to define and understand concepts and able to create and review technical documents.
- Accurate and quality minded.
- Improvement attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to act pro-actively.
- Ability to coach, support and direct the Designers / Engineers in a subgroup.
- Ability to communicate on different levels and aware of the means and the effect of communication.
- Capable to introduce efficiency improvements on project level (change management).