Depends on experience
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
As a Devops Engineer at Philips Image Guided Therapy Systems, you excel in communication, integration, automation, and close cooperation among all the people that plan, develop, test, deploy, release, and maintain software. Are you able to manage the system software configuration throughout the whole lifecycle? Are you pro-active and someone who can drive change? Then we are looking for you!
This is a long-term position at Philips. After two years, Philips may offer you a contract to work for them directly.
Your responsibilities include:
- Take ownership for activities such as setting up build and test management frameworks, managing archives in a version control system and take care of software releasing
- Translate the software architecture concepts into a configuration management implementation in cooperation with project architects, test- and integration managers and the Competence Group Technical Applications (CG-TA) both in the Netherlands and in India
- Participate as the DevOps expert in the development projects and maintenance activities to provide the best infrastructure and automation for continuous integration, continuous (unit) testing and releasing
- Define and implement build en test infrastructure improvements that enables the effective software development processes and high quality of software deliverables taking into account maintenance responsibility for released products over range of 10+ years
- Tool validation of the chosen DevOps tools
The Image Guided Therapy Systems (IGT-S) development organization consists of 450 people, from which 110 people work in software development. Software is developed by teams, each focusing on a specific part of the system. The DevOps team (12 members) is responsible for the Software Development Infrastructure that includes Software Sets, Version Control, Tool validation, IT Security, OS Builds and frameworks for continuous integration, continuous (unit) testing and releasing. By ways of automation, the relatively small team is able to support all IGT system projects including the entire software development community.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- To work in a dynamic and driven team in which you can grow and gain experience in a multinational environment
- Working for a world player can help you to further your career
We are looking for someone with:
- At least a Bachelor degree in SW Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in either software configuration management, software product development or DevOps engineering
- Experience in software development methodologies such as agile, scrum and V-model
- A set of strong technical skills in configuration management (configuration items identification, version control, build management, release management, change management)
- A strong grasp of Configuration Management Tools and build and tests automation tools
- The Ability to code and script
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- A ‘lean” person who can drive change and continuously seeks improvements and ways to reduce ‘waste’
- Experience in working in a Healthcare Product development environment is an advantage