Depending on knowledge and experience
Research & Development, Engineering
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you an engineer with knowledge of engines and test engineering? This might be the right position for you!
- Make sure that the endurance test is carried out according to DAF test standards and specific arrangements
- Daily monitoring of test data during the endurance test
- Analysis of all data before, during and after the test
- Detailed inspection and rating of all relevant engine parts according to DAF inspection list
- Present the results to all stakeholders
- Write a detailed test report in english including a judgement of the overall engine condition after the test in relation to the desired engine life in service. Give advise and recommendations for improvement
- Contribute to the development of specialised knowledge regarding durability issues.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc., which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy-duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Group Inc.
The NVH&Validation group consists of two teams. One team does noise and vibration measurements of heavy-duty diesel engines in research and development. The other team attends long-term engine endurance tests followed by detailed inspection and rating of all relevant engine parts after the test. Goal of these endurance tests is to gain confidence about the reliability and durability of the engine under service conditions.
Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
Good pension scheme
Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
Committed to a good balance between work and private life
An open culture and clear communication
A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
Education on bachelor/ master level in the field of mechanical or automotive engineering
Strong Computer/ PC skills
Good knowledge of the English and German language
Accurate, precise, calm, analytic mind, stress resistant, team player
Experience at engine rating is a plus