Detachering via YER
Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
Will you accelerate digital innovation in the Philips Health Continuum covering healthy living, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and home care?
Are you ready to embrace the challenge to work together in a multidisciplinary team to define, design, realize, and verify complex electronic circuits and systems that are part of connected solutions, encompassing the cloud, portable devices, and all devices in-between the major components of a system?
Do you want to empower yourself, take initiative, innovate and constantly strive to deliver better solutions?
As Electronics Designer Connectivity you are responsible for:
- Design, realization and verification of a system, subsystem or component, understanding and communicating consequences of the design on the architecture
- Working with focus on customer needs and technological competitiveness, and keeping an outside-in approach in mind for the designs
- Development on basis of design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications, and analysis and verification of their performance
- Finalizing design specifications, schematics, drawings, code, and writing test scenarios for the developed modules or components
- Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into the subsystem
- Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed hardware, software, and/or mechanics
- Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way, while keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget
- Delivering input in the planning process to the project leader
The Electronic department is part of Philips Innovation Services and located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (the Netherlands). We make a major contribution to the development of many digitally connected Philips products, systems and services. We deliver solutions from first-of-a-kind to mass-production, in multi-disciplinary one-roof teams. We focus on electronics and software development, backed up by 800+ specialists in adjacent competence areas. We work closely together with other Philips R&D departments and with key component suppliers to realize the digital innovation ambition of Philips. We are a certified organization (ISO9001, ISO13485) and are highly experienced in applying standards & regulations (e.g. IEC60601, IEC62304, ISO14971, MDD, FDA).
Your team works according to the Agile methodology, applying the principles of Scrum. You will work on highly innovative propositions, new to Philips, so an entrepreneurial mind-set is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
- You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension)
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Electronics or Electronic Engineering
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in Electronics or Electrical product development
- Experience in innovative development projects, comfortable with the funnel from relatively vague requirements to a well-defined project with committed stakeholders
- Experience with implementation and verification of Connectivity standards (Wi-Fi, BLE) and their key components in a (consumer) product environment, encompassing hardware (including the radio part) and (low level) firmware (i.e. emphasis on layers 1-2 of the OSI model)
- Experience with C or C++ to work with the embedded Connectivity firmware, and/or with Python to work with PC-based test tooling is a plus
- Knowledge of quality & regulatory standards that apply to Connectivity (FCC, ETSI, …), development of electronic systems in general, and/or the Healthcare domain is a plus
- Proven track record of applying a structured and precise way of working
- Excellent communication skills, and a customer centric attitude combined with a problem solving and pragmatic attitude
- Experience in an Agile way of working
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary and multi-site development teams