In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
Great challenge for a candidate with financial accounting experience to continue your career at a young and fast growing Fin Tech organization in the city centre of Amsterdam.
The finance department is responsible for punctual instruct of complete reliable financial information. You will use this information for internal use to inform our board and on the other hand to inform external authorities, such as the Dutch Central Bank.
The finance department is also responsible for transaction monitoring, pricing control, budget estimations, financial forecasts and improvement of financial processes.
Your key tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintain the accounting records and ensure the general ledger is accurate and complete
- Assists in preparation of financial reports; both management reports and regulatory reports
- Periodic reconciliation between the accounting system and operating support systems
- Assist in the implementation of improvements in financial process and systems
- Assists in monthly closing activities
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Identify opportunities to improve the processes and systems
- Extract (financial and operational) data from various systems and assist in the interpretation of the data (analysis)
- Participate in projects/studies to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of Mollie
Mollie is an innovative organization in the payments industry by introducing clever payment products which were easier, cheaper, and more flexible than what the rigid, cumbersome banks could do. Now, more than a decade later, Mollie is still building innovative products and working hard to make payments better.
A challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic fast growing company with a reputation for being an innovative Fin Tech in the payments industry. In addition, they offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, pension allowance and training courses.
To be eligible for the position of Senior Controller at Mollie, you must have:
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Relevant working experience with a minimum of 3 years in a similar position
- Experience in maintaining general ledger, accounts payable and fixed assets module within ERP systems
- Experience in setting up and performing financial oriented reconciliations
- Experience in accounting and financial reporting
- Experience with various software applications in order to assemble and/or format data and reports
- Good general knowledge on Office applications (Excel, Word etc.)
- Working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations