In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
Great challenge for a candidate with an accounting background and some years of business experience to continue your career at a young and fast growing Fin Tech organization in the city centre of Amsterdam.
The finance department is responsible for punctual instruct of complete reliable financial information. You will use this information for internal use to inform our board and on the other hand to inform external authorities, such as the Dutch Central Bank.
The finance department is also responsible for transaction monitoring, pricing control, budget estimations, financial forecasts and improvement of financial processes.
Your key tasks and responsibilities:
- Represent finance in multidepartment issues and projects
- End-to-end responsibility as Finance Process owner for critical business processes
- Interaction with development on new product implementation and finance requirements
- Act as sparring/business partner to other departments
- Lead and effectuate improvements in processes and systems to ensure efficient and effective organization
- Act as deputy of Head of finance in case necessary
- Lead discussions/projects with other departments and define/exchange requirements of Finance
- Coordination and finalization of monthly reporting package to management team
- Coordinating and finalizing of annual and regulatory reporting
- Coordination and preparation for auditors and governmental agencies
- Provide guidance and set up/maintain framework on accounting treatments
- Provide guidance and set up/maintain framework on Business Process and Internal controls
- Guide and advice the Head of Finance on accounting and regulatory relating topics
- Supervise junior controllers and financial accounts
- Present the financial reporting package, analysis and R&O to senior management
- Drive projects/studies to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of Mollie
- Set up reporting framework including financial and non-financial KPI
- Performs ad-hoc analysis
Mollie is an innovative organization in the payments industry by introducing clever payment products which were easier, cheaper, and more flexible than what the rigid, cumbersome banks could do. Now, more than a decade later, Mollie is still building innovative products and working hard to make payments better.
A challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic fast growing company with a reputation for being an innovative Fin Tech in the payments industry. In addition, they offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, pension allowance and training courses.
To be eligible for the position of Senior Controller at Mollie, you must have:
- A Bachelor (HBO) or University degree Post graduate in finance as controller or qualified accountant or analyst
- Relevant working experience with a minimum of 3 years in similar position
- Involvement in structuring information needs and data flows
- Extensive experience in with financial ERP and complex interfaces to operating support systems
- Extensive experience in financial reporting and regulatory reporting
- Leading business processes optimization initiatives and internal controls implementations
- Experience in defining the requirements for and setting up the financial analysis landscape
- Experience in supervising junior team members and mentoring
- Experience in leading cross departmental projects
- Experience with and exposure to senior leadership executives
- Advanced knowledge of Dutch GAAP/IFRS
- Dutch and English speaking is mandatory