Max € 60,000
Marketing & Communication
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
We are looking for an Engineering Business Development Executive who will focus on supporting Engineering Sales in the business sectors: Medical and Industrial Equipment. Reporting directly to the Engineering Sector Vice President, an Engineering Business Development Executive is responsible for developing new business opportunities. Our client brings strong leadership capability into a competitive marketplace and is looking for a passionate yet humble, thick-skinned, creative, well-balanced leader who will thrive in this fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The dynamic nature of the business demands this person have the flexibility to both drive and adapt to change.
The ideal candidate must be very comfortable with a hands-on role and able to communicate effectively with VP and Director level engineering management at the target accounts.
The essential Business Development Executive measurements, duties and responsibilities for the role include:
- Implement a Lead with Engineering strategy
- Identify target customers who outsource and have Design Engineering needs
- Position the organization to bid on significant Design Engineering opportunities that lead to Manufacturing
- Turn customer pain points into the company Design Engineering opportunities
- Understand the customer’s business model
- Understand financial statements and business strategies
- Recognize sector macro trends
- Develop trusted relationships quickly
- Communicate with VP and Director level engineering management at both small and large companies
- Command an audience with credibility
- Secure the right champion within the customer’s organization
- Know who the competition is for every opportunity
- Self-manage time and win rate
- Find customer cracks to wiggle through
- Actively lead the proposal and response strategy
- Negotiate on behalf of the company
- $’s of Engineering Bookings from new customers per year
- $’s of revenue from new Engineering Bookings
- $’s of new QUALIFIED opportunities added per quarter
- # of new target customer contacts made per quarter
- # of customer visits (by level) to company sites per quarter
- # of new NDA’s completed per quarter
- # of new RFQ’s > $1M received per quarter
- # of customer visits to target accounts per month
Engineering Business Development Executives will work cross-functionally with Company Design Engineering leadership to ideate, support, implement and guide overall Engineering department evolution and growth.
Our client provides its customers with integrated design services and technology platforms. In one of the manufacturing sites they produce a large range of product and systems. This products and systems range from miniaturized medical devices, sensoring, networked and ruggedized electronic products, and hightech systems.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to the end client. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 days annual leave and 8% holiday bonus
- Travel allowance
- Attractive pension scheme
- Structured and personal coaching
- Inspiring masterclasses
- Subject specific training
- Bachelor or Master in for example Computer Science or likewise
The following characteristics and experience will describe the successful candidate:
- Currently in an Engineering Business Development role with experience in one of the following industry segments: Medical, Defense, or Industrial Equipment. Though not required, any experience working in the EMS industry selling design & manufacturing services is highly advantageous.
- Experience working with or in Design Engineering teams. The candidate should be well connected into OEM customer bases in Western Europe, and must have existing relationships with relevant OEMs.
- Candidates must be capable of selling comprehensive design services into new accounts and the ability to personally develop, qualify, and close large, politically complex business solution opportunities at large clients. This individual must have demonstrated a consistent and proven ability to function exceptionally in all phases of sales and delivery (e.g., opportunity identification and qualification, engagement scoping and management, client relationship management, closing).
- Experienced working as part of a collaborative Business Development teams, this individual is able to interface and garner support from the Design Engineering team and collaborate across the organization and the overall company.
- Possess the ability to think and plan strategically, this individual also has the ability to execute tactically, concurrently manage multiple customers and complex priorities within demanding timeframes, and ensure accountability for results that maximize contribution to business objectives.
- Experienced defining, setting and leading the execution of a business development plan to achieve quarterly and annual employer financial objectives.
- Possess excellent organizational, time management, team building, verbal and written communication skills in English and German.
- Must be knowledgeable about relevant market dynamics, customer base, and competitive environment.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science. MBA is preferred.