In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
Great chance for a candidate with an audit background and some years of business experience to continue your career at a world leader in maritime and offshore.
We are searching for a Group Financial Controller for a permanant position. In the role of Group Financial Controller, you will be part of the Group Control department. The team consists of six controllers and you will report to the Manager of Group Control.
The department is responsible for:
- The consolidation, analysis and reporting of monthly, as well as quarterly, financial statements and forecasts prepared by the operating companies
- The team supports each of the companies in all their accounting and reporting activities, ensuring compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and getting involved in complex accounting matters
- It also prepares the group’s annual accounts, as well as those of the Dutch operating companies, under IFRS and Dutch Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (Dutch GAAP)
- The team’s objective is the timely provision of complete and accurate financial information to management, shareholders and other stakeholders
- The standardisation of processes and systems
- The development of forecasting models and acquisitions are areas that increasingly require the attention of this department
- Other focus areas will include compliance audits, maintenance of the consolidation system SAP BPC, and optimising accounting and reporting processes within the group
- A global market leader in marine & offshore
A challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, they offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
To be eligible for the position of Group Financial Controller, you must have:
- Five to ten years of relevant work experience
- Chartered accountant status with more than two years’ experience working in one of the big four firms
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both verbal and written
- Experience of financial statements, the consolidation of financial data, financial reporting (IFRS and Dutch GAAP), internal control and tax legislation
- Knowledge of periodical financial reports, data and analysis techniques, as well as the ability to examine processes to identify improvement opportunities
- Strong analytical skills, a can-do mentality, no-nonsense attitude and willingness to learn
- Only candidates with EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- An online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process