Detachering via YER
High Tech, Manufacturing
Over deze vacature
Are you an experienced network engineer looking for a real technical challenge to put your skills to the test? This vacancy might be just the right one for you!
In this role you would be making your mark on the computing platform for the next generation cutting edge chip manufacturing equipment (lithography machines) ASML is currently developing. You will be working in the team (approx. 15 people) that provides the complete SW computing platform including infrastructure used to run our latest products.
Computer Systems offers a challenging environment where IT networking and industrial automation come together in a highly complex set of features that need to deliver reliability, security, usability and performance.
As a Network Engineer working within the Computer Systems team your mission is to design, build, diagnose and maintain the network which connects many computing nodes within the platform. With the team you strive to build the best possible platform, and delivery a truly rugged backbone to operate on a level beyond what has been asked.
Context of the position
Within ASML the next generation of lithography machines is being developed inside the EUV (Extreme Ultra Violet) program. In the program a new light source (Source) is introduced which creates light that has the required wavelength: EUV. The Computer Systems team is responsible to create the best computing environment to facilitate the control of this Source. For this a network of computer systems is (re-) designed, maintained and improved.
Your contribution will help chip manufactures around the world to keep up with demands and technical needs for the chips used by everyone.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Working within the EUV Source Computer Systems team you:
- Take the lead in supporting the architects in designing new and improving/extending existing network topologies
- Work closely together with other disciplines within the EUV Source department to ensure a correct and coherent system
- Contributing to continuous improvements in architecture and way of working
- Implement the network topology, security and diagnostics in line with the created designs
- Directly pick up critical issues with our prototype EUV machines
- Develop automated deployment of network configurations
- Providing functionality for application specific network and system diagnostics
- Validating and delivering the implementation
Being part of a larger development organization requires constant interaction with your stakeholders to ensure an efficient and successful deployment of your deliverables.
These stakeholders include the SW development partners, but also e.g. our factory and customer support representatives.
- BSc or MSc in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Network design (3-5 years)
- Programming and configuring Cisco networking equipment (Cisco CCNA certified) (3-5 years)
- Linux OS development (RedHat) (3-5 years)
- Programming in python (3-5 years)
- Experience with the C/C++ programming language is a pre.
- Good communicative skills
- Team player
- Eager to learn
- Good knowledge of English