Max. € 70,000
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
This role is based at our site at Arnhem, the Netherlands. From here you conduct all design work in the area of Mechanical, Piping and Lay out Engineering, always in accordance with internal national and international standards, HSE and operations guidelines, site infrastructure regulatory requirements.
Thus you are responsible for project development and realization, project scope, budget and planning, and coordination for your own sub-discipline, based on customer demands. At all times you manage uncertainties and maintain a core focus on meeting customer requirements, and you aim to deliver projects within project budget and time schedule. You also provide technical support for negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers.
This requires you to guide and control engineering contractors and to supervise construction contractors in close cooperation with the mechanical construction supervisor and construction management. You also translate regulatory requirements into new ways of working, standards and procedures while monitoring compliance and taking corrective measures when necessary.
Managing and leading Mechanical the design process is a key aspect of the role and you introduce and integrate new installations and equipment in production. In doing so you aim to implement (eco) efficient, effective and reliable production processes and design work.
In terms of maintenance you advise on preventative and/or corrective maintenance activities, the aim being to guarantee high reliability and reproducibility and uptime of installations, controls and equipment.
Further, where applicable you perform (risk) analysis and advice via the collection, interpretation and editing of (new) process related data and developments. You also report on risk assessments of new installations/equipment and issue advice for needed changes at request or at own initiative.
Continuous Improvement is central to all our operations and at all times you aim to identify opportunities for improvements in design work, installations, and equipment and working processes.
In addition you provide management information via the documented design work, constructions and calculations. You also provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses to your organization. In doing so you enable management and/or other stakeholders to make (timely) strategic decisions.
As a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, we supply essential ingredients, essential protection and essential color to industries and consumers worldwide. Backed by a pioneering heritage, our innovative products and sustainable technologies are designed to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet, while making life easier.
To apply for this position you must be in possession of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering and approximately 6 years of experience in the area of design and field engineering, construction management, start up and commissioning of plants
- In-depth knowledge of relevant tools and experience of chemical plant projects, R&D or manufacturing
- Strong strategic and conceptual skills with ability to execute and follow through
- Ability to drive continuous improvement of the processes, policies, standards
- Able to adapt rapidly to changes in cultural, business and geographical contexts
- Customer oriented with “can do” and pro-active attitude
- Relevant experience in different multiple units, disciplines, locations and/or other companies
- Based in the Arnhem area
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including fluent written and spoken Dutch and English