Excellent working conditions
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
As a Strategic Purchase and Supply Chain Manager you will lead, mentor and develop the procurement team in Leeuwarden. Moreover, you have ownership of multi-million procurement categories and have responsibility for developing new procurement strategies and operational execution. Together with 200+ suppliers you build a supply base that meets the manufacturing footprint, business growth, price, quality, capacity and performance needs. Within the organization, you focus on process optimization and value stream mapping.
- Responsible for the existing procurement team;
- Develop and execute innovative regional/global, procurement/category strategies across an array of technology commodities (carbon steel raw meterial, machined parts, coating processes, electric and electronic components and dairy farm barn equipment);
- Optimize product costs by value analysis, best cost country sourcing, supplier completence management, process optimization and value stream mapping;
- Capture R&D and engineering requirements and communicate to the supply base;
- Be responsible for the succes or failure of the suppliers performances;
- Master scheduling to plan and communicate business capacity and align customer orders accordingly;
- Management of customer orders from order receipt to shipment;
- Optimizing supply and stock management;
- Define new processes and operational actions in line with state of art lean principles;
- Analysis of how the supply base needs to be optimized, taking ownership for new projects;
- Liase with Internal Stakeholders to indentify key business needs;
- Negotiate and come to terms on commercial terms and conditions (service level and supply agreements);
- Support the Development of early supplier involvement and target costing in alighnment with PED;
- Responsible and supporting phase in and phase out of both suppliers as product(range)s.
GEA Royal De Boer Stalinrichtingen (Farm Technologies) is a company with a great history. Since its founding in 1869, Royal de Boer started to focus on future-oriented entrepreneurship, product development and trendsetting, but above all to deliver a complete and sustainable farm equipment that is future-proof.
GEA Group is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 17.500 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA's success - come and join them!
We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in an international company. YER is recruiting exclusively for GEA.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering;
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in procurement/strategic purchasing;
- Experience in the procurement of metallic parts and components;
- Thorough knowledge of forecasting, demand planning or stock control;
- Use to work in muldicisciplinary teams;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent oral and written expression in English, Dutch (and German);
- Background in dairy farming is desirable.