Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
For our client DAF Trucks, we are searching a Senior Mechanical Expert Base Engine.
In this function you report to the supervisor of the base engine group. Your field of operation is engine valve train components for the different engine families. As a mechanical expert you have a variety of responsibilities:
- Technical level: In cooperation with designers and suppliers you develop new or adapt existing engine components driven by market wishes and / or technical reasons. Your focus is functionality reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability. You are leading in technical know how, solution validation program and defining this together with suppliers, the CAE- and engine test department. You analyse results and make detailed technical proposals. You pro actively pushing the next steps until SOP, including involvement in PPAP and supplier sign off.
- Working method: Working according Six Sigma tools and techniques.
Within the PACCAR Inc. the DAF Trucks Engine Development department is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split in 4 groups; CAE, FIETU (Fuel Injection Equipment, EGR system & Turbo system), Base engine and Engine Auxiliaries.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative, result-oriented and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor or Master degree on Mechanical or Engine Engineering
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Capable of fast in depth expertise for component knowledge built-up
- Able to develop & validate a product together with DAF engineering and the supplier
- Used to handle multiple problem projects and the resulting stress
- Design for Six Sigma and problem solving skills
- Clear level dependant communication, both verbal as presentation wise
- Proactive and result driven, organisational skills
- Clear and structured way of working
- Experience with working in development projects
- Automotive (Engine HW) or Engine Combustion knowledge is very beneficial