€ 50,000 - € 70,000
Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
A great opportunity at Philips Healthtech for an experienced (lead) development engineer for medical devices development projects. Earn a direct Philips contract after one year!
You are responsible for:
- Investigating new concepts, design new solutions, and realize prototypes using the latest design techniques and process technologies to ultimately release a safe, and performing product to the market. Perform and investigate on technical issues, problem solving strategies, and engineering principles.
- Lead design engineer position on assignments within a project or being fully independent on executing the product development of a single man project.
- Designing, analyzing, testing and releasing to the market of systems and sub-systems (from requirements definition to verified specification).
- Use of critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Determination of concept feasibility via sound engineering judgement & prototype evaluation.
- Working closely with technical team (eg. System Architect and Technical Product Owner) to define recommendation system requirements.
- Prototype and test product concepts or technical solutions to identify the solution that offers the most value to the consumer and business. Identify the limits of the technical solutions and develop models to explain how the different inputs affect the outputs.
- Composure, conflict management, timely decision making, listening skills, self-motivation, and perseverance are all requirements of this position. Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented, new product development environment.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
The location of the job is at Innovation Site Eindhoven, where innovative consumer products in the area of Mother & Child Care, Personal Health Solutions, Skincare and Intense Pulse Light (IPL) hair removal are developed. The innovation teams at this site covers the full life cycle of the products from pre-development, launch, design improvements down to phase out. The development engineer will be working in sub-business BreastFeeding, Mother& ChildCare.
You will be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. After one year you make the transfer to a direct Philips contract. A quick summary of our terms of employment.
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 day's paid holiday and 8% holiday allowance
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector
- Intensive and personal guidance
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme
- Inspiring master classes
- Specialised training courses or a complete training programme
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or Mechatronic Engineering
- A least 3-5 years of relevant engineering experience is required in a field associated to thermoplastic and/or elastomeric parts
- Track record of developing consumer related products from concept development to market launch with key involvement in the industrialization phase
- Demonstrated history of engineering design work, preferably in a medical device industry (FDA regulation). ISO13485 product development experience is a plus
- Integration of electrical components inside a mechanical embodiment (thermal management, EMC, wiring, PCB, display…). Knowledge on design of injection-molded & elastomeric parts (including simulation and prototyping knowledge)
- Hands-on with CAD (preferably Pro-Engineer), knowledge on FEA / CFD / injection molding simulation software packages, analytical tools (math lab, Mathcad…) is a plus
- Proof of statistical engineering experience and design for reliability. Capable to executive seamlessly tolerance calculations through multiple components
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing and assembling techniques for thermos-plastics, elastomers and rubbers
- Capable to challenge tool makers, molders, assembly suppliers on their technical proposals
- Understanding of design for human factors and ergonomics
- Great communication and presentation skills. Fluent in English (writing and talking)