Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Research & Development
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
For Philips, YER is recruiting a Multi Physics Expert.
- Participate in projects to analyse and improve transport phenomena and/or multi-physics behaviour of products, processes and systems for Philips
- Knowledge of transport phenomena and multi-physics is applied by the candidate using state of the art tools to build models that describe the behaviour
- He/she preferably is also involved in definition and execution of experiments to both verify numerical models and to qualify actual behaviour
- Application based solutions are derived by the candidate from models, validated with experimental results and transferred to product and system designers in Philips Research as well as in specific Philips businesses
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
The Philips teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- Preferably PhD in the relevant areas with significant numerical modelling work, preferably accompanied with more than 2 year relevant working experience in business
- Physics, aerospace engineering or mechanical engineering, with emphasis on transport phenomena and on multi-physics applications (multi-physics: coupling of heat & complex flow phenomena sometimes with other physics phenomena like acoustics, US, etc. on microscale)
- Heat & flow, with significant experience on multi-phase flows
- A strong theoretical background required
- Experience and affinity with CFD modelling and be able to master quickly the relevant software tools
- Experience with StarCCM+ or Fluent, Ansys CFX or Comsol is required
- Preferably several years of experience in the relevant fields
- Strong communication and team player skills are preferred
- Pro-active approach and critical attitude