Depends on experience
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
In this role, you have the opportunity to develop corporate-wide privacy and data protection principles, policies and practices as well as their implementation within the business unit. The Privacy Officer is responsible for coordinating all business unit activities associated with privacy, as well as monitoring all of the business unit products, services and systems to assure appropriate privacy practices.
This is a long-term role for at least one year. After one or two years, you may be asked to become a permanent Philips employee.
PLEASE NOTE: We have several similar Privacy related vacancies at Philips, of which some in Amsterdam and some in Eindhoven. If you are experienced in FDA regulations and other USA privacy laws, you are particularly interesting to Philips. Please feel free to inquire with us, or apply through the button.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and coordinate privacy activities for cloud based healthcare informatics solutions, regarding implementation and adherence to corporate policies in privacy, security, and confidentiality
- Define privacy and data protection requirements for new businesses and early stage ventures, including Privacy by Design architecture
- Conduct privacy impact assessments to help business assess and mitigate risks related to processing personal data
- Maintain existing policies, procedures, practices based on international laws, regulations and standards in the privacy and data protection
- Create/Collaborate with other Global Privacy Office members on policies, procedures, and practices that align and are consistent with Philips Privacy Code
- Work Cross functionally with multi-discipline groups on privacy matters
- Responsible for compliance related to privacy and security
- Keep up-to-date with new or revised government healthcare laws and regulations pertaining to patient privacy to determine if new policies or modifications of current policies are needed
Document privacy data classification in the context of BU support, service and product data flow
- Apply and differentiate privacy principles relating to different data processing roles
- Work with Corporate Legal to address privacy elements within customer contracts
- Lead/Support Incident, Event and Complaint management in privacy issues
- Collaborate with Security Officers, Corporate Legal and management on privacy issues
- Conduct ongoing compliance monitoring and report on privacy metrics
- Assist in the development and delivery of privacy training and awareness
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will become a member of Philips Research, in the Digital Platform Solution program.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. You will be hired by YER, and seconded to Philips. After one or two years (depending on your performance) you will be offered to become a permanent employee of Philips.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Strong technical skills are required: application and operating system hardening, vulnerability assessments, security audits, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, etc.
- Minimum 3 or more years’ experience in legal, privacy, compliance and regulatory areas, preferably in the medical device industry
- Familiarity with GDPR/EU 95/46, ePrivacy Directive, FDA and FTC regulations, Dutch Data Protection Directive, HIPAA, PIPEDA, US Patriot Act, British Columbia Act 73, Breach Notification laws, ISO and other standards bodies and international standards
- Bachelor’s degree in technical/privacy or regulatory/legal area
- Familiar with network, system, and telecommunication security
- Proven technical writing and oral presentation skills