Consumer Researcher at Philips
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Do you have a university degree in Consumer Science, human technology, Industrial Design, Biomedical Engineering, Psychology, Sociology or a related field and do you want to work in a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities? Then we are looking for you! For Philips we are recruiting a Consumer Researcher for the Product Research department in Drachten.
As a (Senior) Consumer Researcher in the Product Research Center (PRC) department your challenge is to understand what consumers need, the so-called reasons to believe. It is therefore essential to understand the consumer insights and be the voice of the consumer and translate the consumer needs into clear user requirements. You are enabling right product offerings to meet and exceed consumer needs to enable the consumer centric high quality products and achieve Philips position of superiority to competition.
As Consumer Researcher you will steer the business by understanding and representing the end-user in innovation projects. You are a member of the product development teams. You will focus by defining requirements based on in-depth understanding of consumer needs which will be fulfilled by new technical solutions. Through executing and attending consumer research you will steer a project team in translating user needs into product solutions by providing them with end-user related insights. This means that you will ensure consumer centric product developments from creation to launch.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women’s health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor’s office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare’s unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
At the Innovation Personal Care in Drachten they have adopted a challenging growth strategy, all based on developing relevant consumer products “To Look and Feel Your Best Every Day”.
To realize their goals they need to create innovative concepts and technologies and intensively invest in people and equipment. In this, being consumer centric is the key. Linking in with the situation, habits and needs of consumers all around the world helps Philips in developing products that fulfil the Philips Brand promise “Innovation and You”.
The Product Research Center (PRC) plays an active role in contacting consumers and understanding their needs. The PRC focuses as part of a multidisciplinary team on development of the desirable product experience in shaving, grooming and male skin care, by performing a range of explorative, qualitative and quantitative research with Philips own sensory panel or through external research agencies. You have to translate the customer delighters and detractors into clear user requirements.
You will be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector
- Intensive and personal guidance
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme
- Inspiring master classes
- Specialised training courses or a complete training programme
We are looking for candidates with:
- An university degree in consumer oriented educations, like Design for Interaction, Human Technology, Industrial Design, Sensory Research
- 1 to 5 years’ experience in product research, consumer science, industrial design, psychology or a product development
- Senior position a minumum of 5 years experience is required
- Technical background with consumer mindset to be able to see the link between technology and consumers
- Affinity for consumer research methodologies and sound understanding of the underlying statistics
- Team player and translate consumer needs in compelling motivation for clear user requirements
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Conceptual and analytical skills: you should be able to process a range of different data
- Curious orientation towards consumers and customers: you have an outward focus
- Excellent planning skills: you should know how to manage your advisory role in the project team
- Proactive attitude: you should be able to take the lead and proactively represent the end-user in our innovation processes