Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
For our client DAF Trucks, we are recruiting a Mechanical Expert for the group FIETU (Fuel Injection Equipment, EGR system & Turbo systems).
As a Development Engineer you have a variety of responsibilities:
- Technical level: In cooperation with designers and suppliers you develop new or adapt existing components for application on future engine families. Your focus is on functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability. You are leading in technical know-how & solutions, setting up validation programs for your component. You define this together with suppliers, the CAE- and engine test department. You analysis results and make detailed technical proposals. You are pro-actively pushing for the next steps until SOP, including involvement in PPAP and supplier sign off activities
- Working method: Working according Six Sigma tools and techniques
In this function you report to the supervisor of the FIETU group.
Within the PACCAR Inc. the DAF Trucks Engine Development department is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split in 4 groups; CAE, FIETU (Fuel Injection Equipment, EGR system & Turbo system), Base engine and Engine Auxiliaries.
In the FIETU group currently there is a vacancy for a development engineer concerning Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system components like the flex pipes, down pipe, EGR cooler etc.
You will join a team with 2 other colleagues responsible for EGR system components.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative, result-oriented and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor or Master degree on Mechanical or Engine Engineering
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Capable of fast in depth expertise for component knowledge built-up
- Able to develop & validate a product together with DAF engineering and the supplier
- Used to handle multiple problem projects and the resulting stress
- Design for Six Sigma and problem solving skills
- Clear level dependant communication, both verbal as presentation wise
- Proactive and result driven, organisational skills
- Clear and structured way of working
- Experience with working in development projects
- Automotive (Engine HW) or Engine Combustion knowledge is very beneficial