Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
For our client DAF Trucks we are recruiting a Design Engineer.
In this function, you report to the supervisor of the FIETU group as well as the Project Lead Engineer. As a Design Engineer, you have a variety of responsibilities:
- Technical level: In cooperation with designers and suppliers, you design new air management components/systems for application on future engine families. Your focus is on functionality reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability
- Working method: Working according Six Sigma tools and techniques
Within the PACCAR Inc. the DAF Trucks Engine Development department is the centre of competence for engine development. In their state-of-art engine development centre, they develop engine families for the future regulations. Their engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for their customers.
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split in 4 groups; CAE, FIETU (Fuel Injection Equipment, EGR system & Turbo system), Base engine and Engine Auxiliaries.
In the FIETU group currently there is a vacancy for a design engineer.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative, result-oriented and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor or Master Degree on mechanical or engine engineering
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Capable of fast in depth expertise for component knowledge built-up
- Able to design the product together with DAF engineering and the supplier
- Used to handle complex design projects and the resulting stress
- Design for Six Sigma and problem solving skills
- Clear level dependant communication, both verbal as presentation wise
- CREO & Wind-chill CAD skills or willingness to learn these tools asap
- Pro-active, creative and result driven personality
- Clear and structured way of working
- Experience with working in development projects
- Automotive (Engine HW) or Engine Combustion knowledge is very beneficial