Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
For our client DAF Trucks, we are searching an Engine Validation Engineer.
- Make sure that the endurance test is carried out according to DAF test standards and specific arrangements
- Daily monitoring of test data during the endurance test
- Analysis of all data before, during and after the test
- Detailed inspection and rating of all relevant engine parts according to DAF inspection list
- Present the results to all stakeholders
- Write a detailed test report in English including a judgement of the overall engine condition after the test in relation to the desired engine life in service
- Give advice and recommendations for improvement
- Contribute to the development of specialised knowledge regarding durability issues
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc., which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within PACCAR Inc.
Department: NVH&Validation, a subgroup of Engine Integration and Validation, Engine Development.
The NVH&Validation group consists of two teams. One team does noise and vibration measurements on heavy duty diesel engines in research and development. The other team attends long-term engine endurance tests followed by detailed inspection and rating of all relevant engine parts after the test. Goal of these endurance tests is to gain confidence about the reliability and durability of the engine under service conditions.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative, result-oriented and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Education level master mechanical engineering or automotive
- Good PC working skills
- Good knowledge of English and German language
- Accurate, precise, calm, analytic mind, stress resistant, team player
- Enthusiastic about the technological challenges of big diesel engines such as exhaust emissions, fuel consumption, cost, durability
- 5 years relevant working experience
- Experience at engine rating is a plus