Good Remuneration package
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Food, Feed & Pharma, Legal, Consumer Goods
Over deze vacature
For Avebe's Product & Process Development Centre we are recruiting for a Specialist separation technology proteins.
The Product & Process Development Centre focuses on the development of new products and processes mainly based on Avebe’s Key technologies (Starch, Protein and New Functionalities e.g. Blends) to support the Industry Innovation.
The Protein department is responsible for the development of new and the optimization of current protein processes and products. With a focus on market driven innovation aiming to produce products with improved techno functional properties, stability, organoleptic and sensory properties.
You are the owner of relevant technologies for protein separations, specifically chromatography.
Further you are responsible for:
- Designing and developing of novel protein isolates
- Designing and supporting in the execution of tests at laboratory, pilot and production scale, the interpreting and the reporting of results
- Planning and managing of assigned projects and ensuring execution and delivery, using own expertise
- Recommending the management in decision making
- Transferring technology to Operations
- Coaching team members and trainees
- Identifying IP opportunities
You report to the Manager Protein within the Product and Process Development Centre.
Location: Foxhol (From May 2018 the location will be the Zernike Campus in Groningen).
Avebe is a cooperative of starch-potato growers focused on the market. Traditionally they were only focused on extracting starch from potatoes. However, by developing innovative methods they now also extract proteins from potatoes that are intended for the food industry. But there is more... For them a potato is a source of opportunities with even more ingredients that can be turned into value. The slogan of Avebe is "if it’s in there, we’ll extract it!". Every day 1,350 Avebe employees work on using all the opportunities provided by potatoes to make life pleasanter, healthier and more convenient – for their clients, members, and society as a whole.
Avebe is a large employer in the North of the country. And at least as important: a good employer. Indeed, according to a survey carried out by Effectory and Intermediair they are among the best three employers in the Northern Netherlands. Avebe employees are satisfied because the results are good. There is a pleasant working atmosphere and the conditions are attractive.
The focus on innovation continuously presents new challenges. That’s why they invest substantially in training courses. At the office and in the factory, all personnel are involved. They are proud of what they do and work with passion on Avebe’s mission: extracting everything to be had. Staying fit until retirement and beyond, that doesn’t happen on its own. For that reason the vitality gateway (vitaliteitsportaal) provides all sorts of practical tips on sleep, nutrition and exercise. The balance between work and leisure is given the attention it deserves.
We are looking for a candidate who;
- Has MSc, PDEng or PhD degree in (Bio) Process Technology, (Bio) Chemical Engineering or a similar education
- Has relevant working experience in the field of separation technology in particular protein separation and purification
- Has fundamental understanding of chromatographic processes and upscaling by numerical methods is a strong plus
- Is able to work in cross functional teams and external partners
- Is up to date with relevant literature
- Is a good communicator in English
Skills and attitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Can do attitude
- Result driven
- Team player