Detachering via YER, Interim / ZZP
Manufacturing, Medical & Health, Construction
Over deze vacature
The Sr. Electrical Designer is as technical lead responsible for the electrical design and implementation of the electrical units and modules for Interventional Guided Therapy (IGT) systems. The Sr. Electrical Designer is responsible for the realization of electrical products in projects. The Sr. Electrical Designer represents the project’s electrical design team in the R&D project team.
For achieving the department goals, he drives the technology roadmap and technical competence for future developments in near corporation with the Department Manager.
For realizing the above described challenge, the Key areas of responsibilities of the Sr. Electrical Designer is as follows:
- Create the electrical design in easy to maintain and extendible parts (components and modules). You verify that the design and implementation complies with the system requirements
- Plays and dominant role in make-or-buy decisions
- Outsource electrical activities and deliverables to external suppliers and partners. You specify the assignment and requirements. You guide and monitor the supplier of partner during the development project and accept the products based on pre-defined acceptance criteria
- Build the electrical development plan and planning as input for the project plan in near corporation with the project manager. You drive the realization of this plan, by taking care that the planned deliverables are ready on time with the right quality. You lead the Electrical Engineers and Designers in the design and implementation and reviews their deliverables
- Formulate the technical roadmap for electrical products in near corporation with all stakeholders, taking into account technologies, tooling and application trends. The Sr. Electrical Designer conducts Concepts & Feasibility studies and leads the introduction of new technologies
- Identify, initiate and drive improvements within the electrical domain such as product, technical and process improvements
- Implement applicable international standards (IEC60601, IEC60950, ISO13485, ISO14971 …) to guarantee a safe use for our patients and users. You participate in standard committees.
- Networks with colleagues, both internal Philips as external, and maintains contacts for benchmarking, new technologies, tooling, design methods and reflects them to the group
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be part of the Mechatronics Development Cluster of the Business Unit IGT within Philips. This Business Unit is responsible for marketing, development and manufacturing of X-ray systems in the area of cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (e.g. balloon angioplasty and stent procedures). The Mechatronics Development Cluster develops the mechatronics products for the x-ray systems. Examples for these products are our stands, tables, monitoring ceilings, etc.
Customers are interventional specialists, in the cardiology and radiology domain operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe.
- You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Master degree in electrical engineering or electronics
- Experience in the design and implementation of systems and experience in electrical subjects such as power electronics, EMC, thermal design, reliability, … of at least 7 years
- Has an End-to-end overall view with respect to manufacturability, serviceability, cost price, …. Knowledge and understanding of other disciplines (software, mechanics, mechatronics) with which co-operation takes place
- Knowledge and experience of international standards (e.g. IEC60950, IEC60601, ISO13485, ISO14971…)
- Abstract, analytical and creative thinker with helicopter view. You drive (out-of-the-box) solutions to complex problems
- Is aware of the role of change management. Is capable to introduce new technologies, products, etc. after alignment with relevant stakeholders
- Is able to lead a team of designers and engineers. Drives the team’s deliverables on time with the right quality
- Is able to coach designers and engineers
- Is communicative, a good listener, and is able to give good presentations to various levels in the organization
- Has an improvement attitude, is a leader by leading through example
- Is an entrepreneur, dare to takes balanced risks. Is able to balance time vs. quality