Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Challenging assignment at one of the most high-tech companies in the world.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
The software engineering infrastructure group within ASML is responsible for the software development environment, which is being used by more than 1000 software developers. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software. In this context, you will have the opportunity to work in a large team of Infrastructure specialists.
As an application support specialist, you will be managing and maintaining the software-test and - debug environment of the ASML software development environment, in co-operation with the SEI Infrastructure team, the internal customer and SEI Test architect.
- Deliver support Software Test and Debug Environment based on Solaris and Linux(2nd line support and maintenance)
- Take ownership of the test environment as provided to the internal customer. The test environment supports more than 1000 software
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users
- Participate as technical expert in running projects within the IT CCP ST software group
- Investigate and implement non-standard changes with a limited scope
- Give support in solving difficult 3rd line incidents related to the test environment
- Strong partner in discussions with SEI test architect
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The software development infrastructure is critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
Our group is responsible for the infrastructure and tooling for ASML’s development organization.
The SEI Application Support Engineer will be part of the Infra Structure Support team which is part of the software engineering group. This group is responsible for the software development environment for ASML’s product lines and to maintain, support and develop these environments further.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
At least Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Relevant and proven experience in large technical complicated development environments
- Knowledge of Scripting languages (Perl and Python)
- Knowledge of ClearCase, Clearquest is a plus
- Knowledge of Storage Solutions
- Knowledge of Databases: Oracle, SQL
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with:
o Software Test environments
o Software Development process
o Solaris and/or Linux Infrastructure
o Virtualizations techniques (Linux Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization or Solaris LDOM’s)
- Able to handle issues from demanding customers in a professional way
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible (occasional evening or weekend work) and committed to quality
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language