Attractive salary and fringe benefits
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
Part of our Research & Development organization, the department Analysis Measurements (50 employees) contributes to product developments and research subjects from an expertise point of view. The department houses several specialist measurement techniques, develops and ensures sufficient knowledge on crucial subjects related to printing technologies and maintains relations with internal and external (research) partners.
Within this department we are looking for a Microscopy analyst for Printed Media, Analytic researcher with eye for detail and good communication skills. Due to some unforeseen circumstances the current candidate has to be replaced, so we re-opened the original hiring request.
You are part of a team of mainly physicists (10 employees). This team is working closely with counterparts at product development teams on a myriad of subjects such as ink-media interactions printed output characterization.
As an analyst you will be responsible for characterizing printed media using various microscopy techniques and surface analysis tools, like for example light microscopy, SEM, EDX and surface topography measurement systems. Using these techniques you will support our product development by determining print quality, identifying essential characteristics of the media and tracing down significant processes that occur while printing. You will also be responsible for the development and maintenance or our microscopy equipment and other relevant analysis tooling.
Members of our multi-disciplinary R&D project teams will ask for your expertise for a variety of surface analyses and/or media/print analyses. For these demanding analyses you will develop sample preparation skills, e.g. by using preparation techniques like mechanical polishing, microtome, and micromanipulation. In collaboration with your colleagues you will define the targets of the analyses, agree on the analysis approach, conduct experiments, and take care of data analysis and reporting of the results to the involved stakeholders.
A high-tech company in Venlo.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- Bachelor or Master degree in Physics, Chemical, Material Science, Engineering or comparable
- Proven affinity for microscopy or analysing materials
- Knowledge of Matlab, Stream or similar tooling is a plus
- Strong analytical skills, eye for detail, pragmatic, result driven and focused on customer satisfaction
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent knowledge of both Dutch and English
- Candidate is permissioned to work in the Netherlands, and able to provide, if requested, a certificate of conduct