Detachering via YER
High Tech, Manufacturing
Over deze vacature
Challenging position in the IT department as an Engineering Support Expert.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities. A department within the IT organization is IT CCP (Competence Centre Product); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
IT CCP supports three development disciplines: mechanical, electrical and software engineering. The IT Engineering Support Engineer will be active in the electrical engineering group, supporting engineering applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide.
Your job mission is to deliver 3rd line support of the ASML engineering IT infrastructure and application landscape, in co-operation with the internal customer and Solution Team System Architect. Implementing non-standard changes and projects on Engineering Services and Applications according ITIL process. Focus on multidisciplinary engineering processes, engineering applications, supporting infra (Linux/Windows hosting, storage, databases, remote workplaces). Building and maintaining expert knowledge on Engineering applications, driving improvements in Way of Working and Engineering efficiency.
- 3rd line support for engineering applications and services, be IT expert for selected IT engineering services
- Investigate and implement non-standard changes for supported IT Services, mainly in the Electrical Engineering area, but also for generic D&E IT services
- Participate as technical IT support expert in running projects within the IT team
- Support/take ownership of requests from engineering, and help to solve these requests. The engineering environment is used by more than 500 development engineers, worldwide
- Deliver expert support on IT services based on Windows and Linux
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users
- Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of solutions
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Bachelor level or equivalent in IT and/or engineering.
At least 3 years of relevant and proven experience in multi-user, multi-site, multi-platform, multi-SW, mixed HW development environments. Understanding and practical experience with:
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Shell scripting, (bash, csh, ksh, sh), Perl, Python, VBS, …)
- Knowledge of Java programming
- Development environments
- Unix/Linux server infrastructure
- Windows server infrastructure
- Multiple virtualization techniques
- Knowledge of Engineering Applications is a pre, in particular Electrical Engineering applications or HDL design environments
- Highly motivated team player
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality
- Think practical about the impact of decisions for end-customer/user
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in the English language
Context of the position
You will report to the Solution Team Manager EEI of the IT CCP department.