depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
YER is recruiting an Engine Structural Engineer for the Department Engine Hardware Design, group Computer Aided Engineering at DAF.
As Engine Structural Engineer, you:
- Give support and advice to the design groups in the field of component durability
- Predict and analyse component loads, dynamics, and component stress using finite element analysis
- Are responsible for the verification and optimization of concept designs using simulation tools
- Develop analysis procedures and methods to achieve more accurate predictions
- Support knowledge projects with external partners (e.g. Universities)
- Prepare reports and presentations
You will work in close cooperation with the construction and test engineers.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy-duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Their engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world; always being driven by their design philosophy “environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for the customers”. As a global operating company they offer optimal opportunities to contribute to their success in a multicultural team.
Within the PACCAR Inc., DAF engine development is the centre of competence for engine development. In their state-of-art engine development centre they develop engine families for the future customer requirements and legal regulations. Their engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for their customers.
Within the Engine Hardware & Design department, the Computer Aided Engineering – Engines group gives computational simulation support to the other engine groups in the fields of Strength, Vibration, Flow and Combustion and is responsible for optimization and improvement of engine simulation methods as well as for the development of several Engine Systems.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
For this position we would like to come into contact with candidates who have:
- Master degree in Engineering or Physics
- Excellent knowledge of finite element analysis and fatigue analysis
- Good knowledge with Hyperworks, Abaqus and fe-safe (or similar fatigue software) are an advantage
- Experience in a product development environment is preferred
- Knowledge of Internal Combustion Engines is a pre
- Good reporting and presentation skills
You consider geometrical constraints as a challenge. You are proactive and enthusiastic and have strong communication skills. Technical knowhow and the ability to get to the core of issues efficiently and pragmatically the keys to success in this function.