Detachering via YER
High Tech, Manufacturing
Over deze vacature
Challenging opportunity at one of the most high-tech companies in the world.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
Do you like to work on complex puzzles, find needles in a needle stack and see what data patterns may reveal? Are you passionate about security and do you like the challenge of protecting the IT infrastructure and information assets at one of the most technical developed companies in the world. IT operates in a high demanding, fast moving, dynamic and professional environment. ASML is looking to expand their expertise on analytical threat hunting and data mining within security operations to better face the challenges of the future.
Within the IT Security competence centre Cyber Defence Operations team a team of IT security professionals in expanding a hybrid security operations centre and critical incident response team. You will analyse and correlate notable events from a variety of detection and intelligence sources to come to uncover potential security threats. You will work with incident responders to improve the detection rate and focus response capability on priority threats.
- Monitor event sources
- Analyse and correlate events to eliminate false positives
- Identify patterns and threats
- Build plays in the playbook to enable the team detection
- Report to incident response coordinator for follow-up
- Suggest improvements for increasing efficiency I detection
Context of the position
The IT organizations has the responsibility to providing a reliable and secure IT applications & infrastructure service. The analyst operates within the CSIRT in the Cyber Defence Organization and reports to the Manager CDO within the IT Security Competence Centre.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- MBO, HBO or WO education in an IT technical field
- Data analytics education or related work experience
- CISSP associate certification or formal IT Security education preferred
- Prior experience in a SOC/CIRT team
- Experience within a Threat Intelligence team is a plus
- Knowledge of networks and networking protocols
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and/or Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of scripting and task automation technologies
- Understanding of application architectures
- Understanding of web protocols and database access protocols
- Practical experience with SIEM tooling is a plus
- Data analytics experience, preferably with Splunk
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong pattern recognition skills
- Articulate in technical conversations and on paper
- Mastery of the English language at a business level is required
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude
- Change-management competencies
- Ability to plan and set priorities
- Team worker, good social skills, customer-oriented
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer/user
- Have affinity with IT systems and structures and think in business process modelling terms
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced application software skills, such as presentation, spreadsheet and word processing applications