Max € 80,000
Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever, Interim / ZZP
Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
Your challenge: End-to-end responsibility for thermal management and thermal dynamics in high-performance mechatronic and electronic systems. Masters/PhD in Mechanical Engineering (preferably thermal specialization), with at least 5 years of experience in industry, is a must. Furthermore, extensive knowledge on fluid dynamics and CFD software specifically ANSYS CFX and familiarity with ANSYS workbench environment is required.
- Carry out tasks and activities within thermal management for Mechatronic development projects. These activities range from flow and thermal design studies with analytical / hand calculations in the concept phase to the optimization of the desired performance by conjugate heart transfer modelling with ANSYS CFX in the detailed engineering phase. Additionally experimental validation of the predicted thermal behavior in our customers’ systems is a crucial aspect of your contribution. Provide consultancy at customer's request in which performance issues of existing machines or products need to be analyzed and solved (performance analysis, parameter studies and troubleshooting)
- Multi-disciplinary cooperation within project teams is vital for success
Philips Innovation Services has a wide range of disciplines and know-how to serve our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and efficiently as possible. Over 500 colleagues benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research and hundreds of companies outside Philips.
The Mechatronics department of Philips Innovation Services, with approximately 200 employees, is unique in its system design approach which has led to many practical solutions for our customers. Think of breakthrough solutions in high accuracy positioning, thermal conditioning, and mechanical construction in e.g. lithography systems and magnetic levitation stages. We are active in equipment as well as sub-system design, prototyping and testing. Next to that a lot of our mechatronics solutions are applied in consumer products and healthcare systems. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and its customers.
The Dynamics, thermal & control group within the Mechatronics department is a group of over 25 specialists in the field of Control, Dynamics and Thermal management. The Thermal team, with 4 experienced colleagues, solves high tech challenges for our customers. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects for a variety of customers, from small and medium enterprises to complex industries like semiconductors and solar power.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Program with a personal coach
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
What Philips offer's you:
- An inspiring work environment that is internationally and multidisciplinary oriented, with a variety of customers and projects
- A project-based environment where people have both advanced theoretical knowledge and the capability to put that knowledge into practice - fast
- Extensive opportunities for growth in technical and personal development
- Stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, from developing state-of-the-art lithographic wafer stages, to pioneering the latest implantable medical devices
- Job satisfaction and the chance to broaden your experience
- The opportunity to shape and grow your career will be in your own hands!
We are looking for
- M.Sc. or preferably a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering (preferably thermal specialization)
- Knowledge of Fluid Dynamics and CFD software (ANSYS CFX) and FEM (ANSYS) is required
- Solid analytical attitude combined with interest and skills for flow/thermal experimental validation
- Motivated to apply these skills in the field of thermal analysis and concept design
- Knowledge of modelling in Matlab/Simulink is required
- Understanding of mechatronic systems, control theory and actuation principles is preferred
- Excellent communicative skills, professional level of written and verbal communication in English
- Customer centric attitude, interested in executing R&D projects for customers
- Motivated to operate in multi-disciplinary teams, working on complex mechatronic research and development challenges
- Ability to translate technological considerations into concrete recommendations for designers
We need a candidate with at least 5 years of experience in industry. Furthermore, extensive knowledge on fluid dynamics and CFD software specifically ANSYS CFX and familiarity with ANSYS workbench environment is required. Candidate needs to be up and running at very short notice.