Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Challenging assignment at one of the most high-tech companies in the world.
The software engineering infrastructure (SEI) group within ASML is responsible for the software development environment. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software.
The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community. Key challenge is on one hand to have a state of the art environment to support the newest product development and on the other hand safeguard the stability and reliability and long term support for the growing installed product base at our customers.
ASML produces specific software as part of its solutions and products for its customers. This software is proprietary and part of the intellectual property of ASML. Currently ASML employs over 1000 software developers and this number is still growing. These ASML software developers rely on the software development environment to be able to perform their jobs.
The software development environment is now considered as a Mission Critical Service for which proper actions need to be taken to ensure business continuity in the event of a substantial calamity within the current datacentre (Availability Zone A). A Disaster Recovery program has been launched to allow service continuation for developing and delivering software during substantial calamities at datacentre level with minimal downtime by. This program will build a full software development environment in a new datacentre for failover (Availability Zone B).
In order to realize availability zone B, ASML is looking for an infrastructure specialist to strengthen the project team. Assignment exist out of the following tasks extend current infrastructure design and implement according this design the SEI infrastructure. The Infrastructure specialist works closely with the ASML Generic IT department, IT Architect, IT infrastructure Support, the project team and project management.
Deliverables and responsibilities for the Infrastructure Specialist/Architect
- Define requirements and create low-level designs
- According to design, delivery of SEI infrastructure
- Coordinate between SEI and operations
- Determine a test strategy for existing applications and services
- Coordinate the migration of existing and new hardware to availability zone B
- Guarding overall quality delivered by ASML O&I and the external suppliers
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Candidate is well acquainted with software development
- HBO+ or Academic level education
- Minimal 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Relevant experience and proven experience in large technical complicated development environments
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with:
o Solaris and/or Linux Infrastructure
o Configuration Management with Puppet
o Virtualizations techniques: Linux Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization or Solaris LDOM’s
- Knowledge regarding management of large server and VDI environments
- Base knowledge of storage, network and database solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Able to handle issues from demanding customers in a professional way
- Strong documenting capabilities
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible (occasional evening or weekend work) and committed to quality.
During the project the Infrastructure specialist will work within complex application landscapes with multiple programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, Perl and Unix), interfaces and components per application.
The candidate has a hands-on mind-set, strong customer- and problem solving orientation, shows fast results, and has demonstrated good communication skills, especially in an international IT organization. To achieve the project goals the candidate is able to liaise directly with all stakeholders. The candidate has a clear focus on results.