Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
The department Function and Technology Development is part of the innovation chain of Philips Consumer Lifestyle in the business unit Male Grooming. The department contains about 60 engineers divided in functionally specialized groups and is responsible for the development of the primary function and realization of metal forming and machining processes for the production of shaving heads for the Philips Shavers. For this departement YER is recruiting a Senior Process Engineer.
The Senior Process Engineer is the owner of all knowledge necessary to develop and maintain a process within agreed performance indicators. He or she is responsible for (a part of) the industrial process design of our new shaving systems. Besides process specifications the engineer is also responsible for creating the functional specifications for equipment and tooling. The main technologies are cold forming, heat treatments, Electro Chemical Machining (ECM) and Electro Discharge Machining (EDM). Seniority is build up by the number of process steps a process engineer controls or by specialization in one of the main tasks.
The following main tasks are relevant for this job:
- Organize all competences (internal and external) necessary to maintain and develop the technology of your responsibility
- Assess new product proposals on technical and economical feasibility
- Define, set up and execute experiments to determine the relations between process and product parameters
- Define, set up and execute experiments to map causes of deviation
- Write functional specifications of all equipment and tooling necessary for controlled and robust production
- Technical guidance of the outsourcing process of the above mentioned equipment
- Implement process, equipment and systems in production
- Coaching of junior process engineers
- Training of production staff
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women’s health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor’s office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare’s unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be based in Drachten, the Netherlands. Our site in Drachten started in 1950 as a small factory and is nowadays one of the largest innovation and production sites of Philips Consumer Lifestyle. Approximately 2,000 employees of more than 35 nationalities are continuously working on new, innovative products and further improvement of our processes. This site has a surface area of 280,000 square meters. Our goal is being the best place to work for people who share our passion. You will become part of the Coffee team that consists of 55 enthusiastic innovation specialists.
You will be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector
- Intensive and personal guidance
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme
- Inspiring master classes
- Specialised training courses or a complete training programme
- Academic or Bachelor degree in preferably Mechanics, Physics, Materials or Chemical technology
- Feeling for precision metal working and geometrical measurements
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods (DfSS)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Decisive, result driven and creative team player
- Ability to communicate on different levels (Management, technical specialists, external suppliers)