Good competative package
Legal & Tax
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
The Paralegal will serve as a member of a team of 8 legal professionals located in The Netherlands (EU HQs) and Spain, responsible for providing legal support for all legal matters to the European companies of Israel Chemicals Ltd (ICL), a multinational chemical manufacturing company. In this position you will be primarily responsible for supporting ICL’s business in Europe on a wide range of commercial law matters, with a particular focus on the maintenance of ICL’s online contract management system and the reviewing and drafting of commercial documentation. This position will report directly to the General Counsel Europe.
- Maintain ICL’s state of the art contract management system, ensuring it is consistently complete and up to date
- Reviewing and drafting of various commercial contracts based on templates prepared by the Legal Counsels (e.g. non-disclosure agreements, supply and purchase agreements and terms and conditions). Conducting Third Party due diligence
- Develop and maintain contract playbooks in close cooperation with the Legal Counsels. Support the continuous improvement of standard agreement templates and legal processes
- Keep up with new legislation, market developments and proactively advise the legal team on this
- Support to the European Legal Department, such as keeping track of active matters, preparing quarterly update reports and coordinating team meetings and trainings
- Liaise with and monitor (international) external advisors, if necessary
ICL, a global manufacturer of products based on unique minerals, fulfills humanity’s essential needs, primarily in three markets: agriculture, food and engineered materials.
The experience, knowledge and professionalism derived from establishing Israel’s potash industry over a period of 80 years of intensive activity and major investment in R&D, have transformed ICL into a world leader in specialty fertilizers, bromine and flame retardants. ICL produces approximately a third of the world’s bromine, and is the world’s sixth largest potash producer, as well as one of its leading providers of pure phosphoric acid.
Several years ago, ICL implemented a significant change in its organizational worldview by broadening its focus beyond developing quality products to identifying and addressing the vital and evolving needs of humanity – by dealing with tomorrow’s needs by developing creative solutions that lead to real change today.
How is this expressed practically? The agricultural products that ICL produces help to feed the world’s growing population. Millions of people in more than 180 countries benefit from healthier, better quality and more available food thanks to fertilizers produced by ICL. Our food additives enable people to have greater access to more varied and higher quality food. Our potash and phosphate products are essential components for the pharma industry. Their bromine-based materials and phosphates contribute to a more energy efficient and environmentally friendly planet, prevent the spread of forest fires and allow the safe and widespread use of a variety of products and materials. And that’s just the beginning.
ICL’s operations are global and are supported by worldwide distribution and supply chains. Their mining and production sites are located in Israel, Europe, North and South America and China. ICL employs about 13,000 persons worldwide and has revenues of USD 5.4 billion (2016). ICL is a public company whose shares are dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (NYSE and TASE: ICL).
Please see their website www.icl-group.com where you will find more about our culture and values as well as our successes and the strategy “Next Step Forward”.
They offer a challenging fulltime role in a dynamic environment. You will be part of a broad global network of legal professionals within ICL and in that capacity you will be working in cross-border teams to enable business. They always strive to be the best and encourage everyone who works with them to excel. They also embrace diversity, give people the latitude to express themselves and value differing opinions.They offer a great remuneration package and variety in career opportunities national or international.
- Bachelor of Law Degree or HBO Recht, a Master Law Degree (commercial) is a plus
- Between 1-4 years of relevant work experience in a law firm or in-house Legal department within an international business environment
- Proven commercial contract law experience
- Good organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently in a culture rich environment
- Eager, energetic and service oriented
- Solution driven and dedicated team player with a pragmatic business approach
- Experience with regulatory databases on third parties screening would be preferable
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent social and communication skills in English, both written and verbal (German, Spanish and Dutch are preferable)