Max 65k per year
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
As Embedded Software Requirements Engineer you are an important part of the embedded software team of DAF Trucks. You will be responsible for defining the system and software requirements for all in-house development of application software of the embedded systems. If you have experience in requirements definition and if you are a good communicator with an analytical and quality-focussed mind, this is the job for you!
For some Electronic Control Units (ECU’s) DAF develops the application software in-house. This is done by a model based development process. As Embedded Software Requirement Engineer you’ll define system/software requirements for systems of which the application software development is done at DAF. Definition of the requirements is done by interaction with the stakeholders based on TRS-requirements.
- Requirements Elicitation
- Work out functional and non-functional requirements and document them
- Organize reviews
- Interact with your stakeholders
- Inform architects about functional deviations
- Support impact analyses of functional changes
In this position you’ll report to the Engineering Supervisor VR&S Support.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Inc.
Embedded Engineering is the centre of competence for the development of embedded systems. These systems controll the powertrain, exhaust aftertreatment system, vehicle and chassis.
The Support group within the Verification, Requirements & Support (VR&S) department is responsible for the creation of so-called Technical Requirement Specification_Control Systems documents (TRS_CS) for electrical and electronic vehicle systems. These TRS_CS documents contain the functional requirements for such vehicle systems. The created documents are the source for internal and/or external software development for these vehicle systems. For VR&S Support we are looking for an ambitious Embedded Software Requirement Engineer.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client. We offer:
- Competitive salary and secondary benefits
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Talent development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Program
- Possibility to receive career guidance from a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Many networking events masterclasses with interesting speakers from industry leading companies
- Relevant technical education on bachelor or master level
- IREB certification is a plus
- Minimum of two years experience with requirements engineering (of preferably real-time automotive systems)
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262 and SPICE
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and synthesizing
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract from the current situation
- Be eager on quality and functional performance
- Ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skills.
- You are able to explain complex technical information clearly and compact
- Fluent English and Dutch language - effective communication in both verbal and written form