Detachering via YER
Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
In this role, you have the opportunity to be the owner and responsible for the mechanical product design of a new module/key component for a coffeemaker. Next step could be leading development of a full new filter, portioned and espresso coffee makers. Your challenge is to implement new concepts and functions into products that will deliver added value for consumers looking for their precious moment of delight. You will supervise a multidisciplinary team (consisting of function development engineers, product research specialists and mechanical engineers) and you will be the technical counterpart for the manufacturing.
You are responsible for:
- Leading, coaching and stimulating the multi-disciplinary team of product engineers and developers within product development projects
- Developing/designing and realizing modules or keycomponents
- Releasing products, components, modules and products for mass production
- Planning, realizing and steering the mechanical product development and manage the cross functional aspects as a technical project leader
- Identifying gaps and implementing improvements to bring the development approaches to a higher level
- Supporting suppliers in the production of components and assembly of the final product
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women’s health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor’s office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare’s unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You are a part of a Mechanical Development team of Business Group Coffee working on product development of coffee appliances from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team.
You will be based in Drachten, the Netherlands. Our site in Drachten started in 1950 as a small factory and is nowadays one of the largest innovation and production sites of Philips Consumer Lifestyle. Approximately 2000 employees of more than 35 nationalities are continuously working on new, innovative products and further improvement of our processes. This site has a surface area of 280,000 square meters. Our goal is being the best place to work for people who share our passion. You will become part of the Coffee team that consists of 55 enthusiastic innovation specialists.
You will be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector
- Intensive and personal guidance
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme
- Inspiring master classes
- Specialised training courses or a complete training programme
To be successful as a Lead Mechanical Engineer, we are looking for the following:
- You have a Master or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- You have minimum 10 years of experience in the field of mechanical product development
- You have experience in managing (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and CAD (uni graphics). You have knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastic and are familiar with the manufacturability aspects (mould/tooling design), analysis (strength, stiffness) and drive mechanisms
- You show drive and are quality driven. Experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus
- The ability to balance innovation and practical realization
- Determination in decision making and independence
- You are ambitious, a team player and you have good coordination, communication and coaching skills