Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
For Philips Drachten for the Mechanical Development & Integration (MDI) Department we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will work on product development from concept to proven detailed construction in a multidisciplinary team.
As a Mechanical Engineer you translate a chosen concept into an integrated mechanical construction. You design and validate the construction of a module of an appliance and further detail the parts in 3D and 2D towards final Technical product Documentation. You work on product development from concept to detailed design in a team consisting of mechanical engineers, function engineers, application research, process engineers, electronic engineers etc.
As a Mechanical Engineer in the MDI Team you will be responsible for:
- Creating one or more alternatives for a module construction
- Module owner
- Proof that your construction fulfills the function(s) and requirements under all load cases (calculation, simulation, tolerance analysis, proto’s + testing)
- Detail 3D and 2D files incorporating Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly requirements and archiving in C PLM system
- Planning and realizing your own work and manage the interfaces with other modules/parts
- Re-use of existing knowledge (known concepts)
- Document your choices and proof in a Design History File (evidence document)
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women’s health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor’s office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare’s unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
Philips Drachten develops and produces electrical shaving devices. This is the competence centre within Philips Health Tech for industrial quality tools and quality systems.
They drive the quality of their products and processes to satisfy their customers and end users through supporting operations and developing/deploying quality competences.
You will be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector
- Intensive and personal guidance
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme
- Inspiring master classes
- Specialised training courses or a complete training programme
- You have minimal 2 (WO) till 5 years (HBO) experience as a mechanical engineer in designing mass produced Consumer Products
- You have an Bachelor or Master (WO) level in Mechanical Engineering (Wtb)/Industrial Product Design (IPO)
- You are familiar with design and manufacturing of mechanical constructions in plastic and metal; experience with high precision metal
constructions and drive mechanisms is a plus
- Specific Experience: knowledge in specific competence area (eg. watertight appliances, UI, M&F) is a plus
- You have the ability to proof construction concepts by calculation, simulation and/or prototypes
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and CAD
- Knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastic and/or metal and preferably you are familiar with the manufacturability
aspects (mould/tooling design), analysis (strength, stiffness) and drive mechanisms
- Expert skill level in CAD NX 9
- Experience in working in (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus
- You are able to think on conceptual level but are also hands-on
- Ambitious, a team player and you have good coordination, communication skills (in writing and presentation)