Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
For Philips Drachten we are recruiting a Senior Engineer with a focus on product development.
In this role, you have the opportunity to work on product development for Floor Care. Within Floor Care you will translate complex technical issues into uncomplicated consumer products and will work on product development from concept to detailed design in a multidisciplinary team. For some projects, you will be the technical counterpart for the internal consumer marketing managers, the industrial designers, the manufacturing engineers (industrialization groups) and the suppliers in Eastern Europe or in the Far East.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women’s health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor’s office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare’s unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will become a part of the Floor Care Mechanical Product Development and Life Cycle Support team that consists of 14 enthusiastic engineers within a total Innovation & Development team of +/- 60 people. The projects are demanding for great results; Floor Care is open for positive feedback and celebrating when making success. You will report to your group leader of the mechanical development team.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips, YER is preferred supplier. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- A challenging job at Philips
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- Great workplace
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in the field of mechanical engineering in (consumer) product development
- You are a skilled CAD Construction Engineer
- Knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastics
- Able to perform thorough tolerance analysis and you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects (mold/tooling design) and analysis (strength, stiffness)
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma, Unigraphics and ANSYS experience are a plus
- Determination in decision making and independence
- You are ambitious, a team player and you have good coordination and communication skills