Max. € 90,000
Legal & Tax
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
The Commercial Legal Counsel will serve as a member of a team of 8 legal professionals located in the Netherlands (EU HQs) and Spain. He/she will be responsible for providing legal support for all legal matters to the European companies of Israel Chemicals Ltd (ICL), a multinational chemical manufacturing company. This position will report directly to the General Counsel Europe.
Interact with and provide (pro-active) commercial legal support to the business, in particular the global procurement organization located at the European headquarters as well as sales and marketing teams. For Procurement you will be the main point of contact for the Raw Materials and Logistics and Packaging teams. Responsible for and feeling comfortable with drafting, reviewing and negotiating all types of commercial legal documents with a European focus, such as joint venture, CAPEX, purchase, supply, agency and distribution agreements. Expertise in FIDIC contracting is a plus. Responsibilities:
- Support the business in case of dispute and litigation
- Create legal awareness and draft legal templates in close cooperation with the legal teams in Israel, the Americas and Asia
- Liaise with and monitor (international) external advisors
- Keep up with new legislation, market developments and proactively advise management on this
ICL, a global manufacturer of products based on unique minerals, fulfills humanity’s essential needs, primarily in three markets: agriculture, food and engineered materials.
The experience, knowledge and professionalism derived from establishing Israel’s potash industry over a period of 80 years of intensive activity and major investment in R&D, have transformed ICL into a world leader in specialty fertilizers, bromine and flame retardants. ICL produces approximately a third of the world’s bromine, and is the world’s sixth largest potash producer, as well as one of its leading providers of pure phosphoric acid.
Several years ago, ICL implemented a significant change in its organizational worldview by broadening its focus beyond developing quality products to identifying and addressing the vital and evolving needs of humanity – by dealing with tomorrow’s needs by developing creative solutions that lead to real change today.
How is this expressed practically? The agricultural products that ICL produces help to feed the world’s growing population. Millions of people in more than 180 countries benefit from healthier, better quality and more available food thanks to fertilizers produced by ICL. Their food additives enable people to have greater access to more varied and higher quality food. Their potash and phosphate products are essential components for the pharma industry. Their bromine-based materials and phosphates contribute to a more energy efficient and environmentally friendly planet, prevent the spread of forest fires and allow the safe and widespread use of a variety of products and materials. And that’s just the beginning.
ICL’s operations are global and are supported by worldwide distribution and supply chains. Their mining and production sites are located in Israel, Europe, North and South America and China. ICL employs about 13,000 persons worldwide and has revenues of USD 5.4 billion (2016). ICL is a public company whose shares are dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (NYSE and TASE: ICL).
Please see their website www.icl-group.com where you will find more about our culture and values as well as our successes and the strategy “Next Step Forward”.
A challenging fulltime role in a dynamic environment. You will be part of a broad global network of legal professionals within ICL and in that capacity you will be working in cross-border teams to enable business. Striving to be the best and encourages everyone who works with them to excel. They embrace diversity, give people the latitude to express themselves and value differing opinions.
Offering a great remuneration package and variety in career opportunities national or international.
- Master of Laws Degree
- Between 7 and 10 years of relevant working experience as a commercial lawyer in a law firm and/or experience as an in-house counsel within an international business environment
- Solid knowledge of international commercial laws and regulations, such as contract law. Affinity with international trade (incoterms and trade sanctions) and managing compliance programs is a pre.
- Experienced in litigation/arbitration and M&A practice
- Business oriented and dedicated team player with a pragmatic approach
- Service-minded, able to work independently in a culture rich environmen and willing to travel
- Eager, result driven and a true problem solver
- Organized, proactive and an approachable person with a hands on mentality
- Excellent social and communication skills in English, both written and verbal (German, Spanish and Dutch are preferable)