Excellent remuneration package
Marketing & Communication
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Food, Feed & Pharma
Over deze vacature
Great vacancy for an entrepreneurial Business Development Manager at Avebe in Groningen.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for getting the marketing plans implemented together with the Sales and Innovation departments. As part of the marketing team and in close cooperation with the Sales and Innovation department, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Getting the business development strategy plans implemented. Ensuring the organization and resources are focused on targeted opportunities and customers. By understanding the marketing and business principles the Business Development Manager is able to explore multiple paths in the value chain to get the business. The Business Developer Manager is mainly a business specialist rather than a technical specialist.
- Ensuring the marketing strategy vision and plan are translated into a workable commercial business proposition and plans, by identifying compelling business needs and generating customer insights. Guiding the teams associated with execution to a level of understanding with the plan and implementation tactics.
- Building, maintaining and expanding a network of strong internal and external networks (Sales, Innovation and Product line management) and external relations. Detects and realizes new business opportunities in cooperation with other functional disciplines. Has strong, persuasive, communication skills and determination are required. Also a professional demonstration of the value propositions of our products and services and being able to deliver the message to the different levels internally and externally. Driving the business development across areas related to the launch plan in collaboration with and support of the sales organization. Engaging and supporting sales colleagues in the launch and development process.
Avebe is a cooperative of starch-potato growers focused on the market. Traditionally they were only focused on extracting starch from potatoes. However, by developing innovative methods they now also extract proteins from potatoes that are intended for the food industry. But there is more... For them a potato is a source of opportunities with even more ingredients that can be turned into value. The slogan of Avebe is "if it’s in there, we’ll extract it!". Every day 1,350 Avebe employees work on using all the opportunities provided by potatoes to make life pleasanter, healthier and more convenient – for their clients, members, and society as a whole.
Avebe is a large employer in the North of the country. And at least as important: a good employer. Indeed, according to a survey carried out by Effectory and Intermediair they are among the best three employers in the Northern Netherlands. Avebe employees are satisfied because the results are good. There is a pleasant working atmosphere and the conditions are attractive.
The focus on innovation continuously presents new challenges. That’s why they invest substantially in training courses. At the office and in the factory, all personnel are involved. They are proud of what they do and work with passion on Avebe’s mission: extracting everything to be had. Staying fit until retirement and beyond, that doesn’t happen on its own. For that reason the vitality gateway (vitaliteitsportaal) provides all sorts of practical tips on sleep, nutrition and exercise. The balance between work and leisure is given the attention it deserves.
- Academic education
- Relevant experience in Business Development
- Competences: Entrepreneurship, strong persuasive and influencing skills, result oriented, customer focus, organizing ability and flexibility