Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
For Philips Lighting Intellectual Property we are looking for a Reverse Engineer.
- PCBA circuit analysis: reconstructing an understandable power circuit / schematic from tracks and components including search for data sheets as per request
- Build own knowledge and insights into the RE tasks and the relationship between circuit, optical and mechanical design and the key patents
- Cooperate with colleagues including Reverse Engineers and the key IPCs in order to promote a good team spirit
- Perform visual inspection, initial and full RE work including mechanical, optical, electrical, analyses and measurements including circuit analysis and construction in relationship with the key patents
- Write technical RE reports to the level of detail and requirements as agreed with the Team Lead
- Team working and Flexible
- Contribute to the good and effective organization and execution of RE work on an ongoing basis in alignment with the Team Lead
- To ensure that good working practices are followed to ensure the safety of the RE team in the course of their (practical) work
- To provide a cooperative, courteous and polite service and communication to colleagues
- Become an expert for initial visual inspection, initial and full RE assessment
- Write technical RE reports and documents to the level of detail, including references to relevant patents in preparation for IPC customer visits and/or ‘claim chart light’ as agreed with the Team Lead
- Adapt to the way of working and documenting commonly in use in the group
- Build own capability to a level from two to four full RE investigations per week and produce the necessary reports and documentation in support of his findings and report progress to RE Team lead on an ongoing basis
- Help to Document the measurement methods in use, including the physical, electrical and mechanical setup and tooling and equipment employed to bring the whole RE activity to a professional level by end 2017
Light isn’t just something to see by. It can lift our senses, heighten our mood, improve our well-being and give us a real sense of time and place. The right lighting even improves our ability to learn and speeds our recovery from illness. In short, it has a fundamental impact on how we live. That’s why at Philips Lighting our mission is to ‘simply enhance life with light’.
As a leading innovative company, Philips Lighting has a large IP portfolio with thousands of patents, trademarks, designs, copyrights and trade secrets with a focus on leading-edge technology areas such as LED lighting.
Maximizing the value of that IP requires technical knowledge, affinity with intellectual property, investigative skills and out-of-the-box entrepreneurial thinking. They don’t just protect their inventions. They proactively search out new applications, markets and business models, in which they can use their IP to generate substantial new revenue streams.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. YER offers competitive compensation. A, more than, comfortable package will be provided to the suitable candidate. If necessary YER will arrange a valid VISA for you and your family as offer guidance towards settling in The Netherlands. Depending on experience and education higher remuneration is possible. Moreover, we provide attractive benefits to our employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Experience with power electronic circuits, ideally lighting drivers, optics, LEDs, Dali control
- HTL electrical engineering (+ power) level
- English Language (Business)
- Team player, ability to work with other Reverse Engineers and IPCs as technical sparring partners
- Practical (& measurement) experience
- Report writing (technical)
- Communication skills
- Very flexible and spontaneous person
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Experience in Philips Lighting or a competing company
- Practical skills – workshop practice
- Flexible approach in a very flexible and changing environment
- A drive to perform
- Enthusiasm and a youthful appearance
- Sharp eyes related to the nature of the work
When fresh from school, willing to learn the principles of (LED) power electronics, analysing PCBA, drawing schematics and patents in a short time frame.