In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
For EPS BV, a manufacturing site in Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, YER is recruiting a Project Engineer.
You perform on a broad range of specialized engineering activities at a chemical site under general direction. The responsibilities include designing, implementing and commissioning projects that are moderate to large in scope, coordinating activities among various functions/departments. You are generally concentrating on projects that impact the site and you report to the site manager. As an organizational talent you may serve as a lead to staff to supervise/guide the work, provide direction and are able to work under pressure.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- You are in the lead of managing projects, which includes influencing objectives, timelines, project tasks and leading communications within the site with little guidance or direction. You communicate with various international stakeholders, both financial and technical.
- You work together with the Process Engineer, Maintenance Manager and HSE Specialist on common projects or sometimes independently for specific assigned projects while communicating status and seeking input from supervision and key stakeholders when appropriate.
- You work directly with external contractors in the different phases of the projects in coordination with internal departments.
- You respond to a variety of broad questions and concerns from management regarding plant operation, project objectives, budgetary requirements, and other areas. You serve as an expert in assigned technologies and work processes, with good working knowledge of one or more other technologies.
- You interpret and apply department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations; ensure compliance with these areas.
- You serve as a team member to provide professional technical support to operations, quality control, manufacturing processes and other areas; you develop and review a variety of reports and documents.
- You coordinate activities and guide/motivate colleagues among various functions, such as logistics, maintenance, production, quality control, to monitor on-going and updated operations, processes, equipment, and implements operational adjustments.
- You review or complete documents and forms required for financial, operational, or process completion and to close out the projects; you approve projects under span of control.
EPS BV is part of the Sherwin-Williams Company, the global no.1 company in the manufacturing, distribution and sale of paints, coatings and related products. At its site in Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, EPS manufactures water-based resins through an exothermic chemical reaction process. As an additive, these resins are used in paint systems for a range of industrial applications including metal, wood and food packaging, and for consumer applications such as latex.
- Good primary and secundary package, including 8% holiday pay
- 40 hour workweek
- 29 holidays
- Bonus up to max 10%
- pension scheme
- Travel expenses work-home
- A pleasant, informal working atmosphere in a dynamic and highly-challenging environment
You have at least a BSc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, and experience working in an international environment in the process industry, preferably with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in project engineering. You work well under pressure and have a ‘can do and make it work’ attitude.
A good command of both English and Dutch is a must.