General Management, Engineering
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
In this challenging position as Operations Manager within a compact manufacturing site, part of a worldwide, leading, American multinational, the focus is on the optimal balance between coaching and formal leadership. In addition to the optimization of the output and processes you also bring about a change of culture, which is necessary in order to achieve the ambitious volume growth of the site.
EPS BV is committed to providing her people with a friendly, safe and exciting work environment that includes opportunities to learn and grow. When you join EPS BV, you’ll be part of a company that has a strong commitment to its employees. The people of the company don’t just react to today, they shape the things to come, and this is your chance to be one of them and to change the future.
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager with a can do and make it work attitude to join the team within EPS.
The right candidate for this position is besides productivity driven, also able to change a culture and he/she makes decisions on data & facts. To make sure you are on the right track to reach our key objectives you are capable to work on an abstract as well as detailed level. Last but not least you always look beyond barriers to provide solutions.
Managing about 25 people and reporting directly to the Site Manager this role will have as primary objectives:
- Direct and coordinate the production and logistics operations
- Manage and improve productivity, efficiency and profitability performances of the organizational operations
- Manage inventories level & on time in full
- Maintain, develop and improve environmental, health and safety standards
- Endorse and promote Quality Excellence programs and achievements
Core responsibilities critical to enabling success in this role include:
- Be able to communicate with stakeholders and on different levels across the organization
- Manage the production and logistics operations of the site, which includes the implementation and administration of production, warehousing and other programs and schedule, safety initiatives, applicable product and quality improvement measures, and related areas
- Build a strong team by developing, evaluating performance and develop positive relationships among the team members. Find the right balance between coaching and strong leadership
- Assist in team spirit activities among various departments, such as Maintenance, Materials, and Quality Control to implement, monitor, and update operations, processes, equipment, and related areas
- Participate to the implementation of an overall production and manufacturing strategy in the plant, such as plant metrics, resource allocation, maintenance and safety programs, budget development, capital investment and process improvement projects
- Develop, analyse and review a variety of production reports to improve costs, employee commitment, safety, production lines, quality, efficiency, cycle times, volumes, and implements management changes as required
- Develop appropriate systems, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with manufacturing or operational principles and practices and applicable laws, rules, and regulations; monitors compliance with these areas
- Works in close conjunction with supply chain department to make sure that we meet customer requirements in terms of lead-times, quality, OTIF and service level
Sherwin-Williams, founded in 1866 is the global number 1 company in the manufacturing, distribution and sale of paints, coatings and related products. With corporate headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio, the company generated pro forma 2016 revenues of $ 15.8 billion and employs approximately 60,000 associates worldwide. Sherwin-Williams shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
EPS BV, located in Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, is part of the Sherwin-Williams Performance Coatings Group (PCG). The PCG supplies a broad range of highly-engineered solutions for the construction, industrial, packaging and transportation markets in more than 115 countries around the world. EPS BV is a leading supplier of high performing, compliant acrylic emulsion technologies as well as conventional resins. The focus is on what is most important to the customers to create products based on their unique needs. EPS emulsion choices include a wide range of 100% acrylic and styrene acrylic emulsions with proprietary adhesion technology to offer polymers with value-added features including superior adhesion to multiple substrates, early water resistance, block resistance and abrasion resistance. Reliability and sustainability are the heart of what EPS does. EPS BV is committed to building manufacturing capability across the region to support strategic growth.
Good primary and secondary package:
- 8% holiday pay
- good pension scheme
- travel allowance
- bonus (up to max 10%)
- 29 holidays
- 40-hour workweek
- An assessment centre will be part of the procedure
- Bachelor’s degree in (Chemical) Engineering, Production Management or an equivalent education
- Approximately 5 years of batch chemical production experience ideally in a liquid coatings plant, including management experience in an organization
- A proven track record driving strong safety culture, leading this by personal example, proactively seeking to continuously improve safety culture and behaviours
- Proven experience in change management
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a successful track record implementing projects to schedule and achieve targets. Is therefore focused on closing the PDCA loop (Plan-Do-Check-Act)
- Capable to analyse effectively and make complex decisions
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methods and tools (5S) – focused on continuous improvement and implementing best practices
- Advanced in working with procedures and systems like ERP, databases, Excel, etc.
- Proven experience managing and developing a team to a higher performance level
- Fluent in Dutch & English