Max. € 60,000
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
The Cabin Development Division consists of three engineering groups: Body & Exterior, Dashboard and Interior & Trim. Together they are responsible for the realization of (sub) projects for the entire cab. Projects are realized in cooperation with various suppliers and a number of major development partners, but the DAF engineer always has the final responsibility in the concept definition and realization. For the Interior & Trim group we are looking for an Experienced Engineer Interior & Trim Cabs.
The Engineer will play a determining role in the choice, testing and validation of the different materials used in the truck cab as well as a coordinating role in the release of these products. We expect you to take the lead in the coordination between the DAF Design Centre, development partners, suppliers and Production Engineering. You work according to the DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) methodology from definition phase through concept design to the final result in a multidisciplinary team. You will also monitor the technical and functional status and progress through design reviews and risk reduction activities. We are looking for an experienced interior colour, trim and textiles engineer. You translate market requirements and technical challenges into successful products.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy-duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Inc.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor in Industrial Product Design, Material Sciences or Automotive/Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as engineering developer in preferably the automotive industry
- Experience with CAD systems, preferably NX
- Able to convert technical challenges in realistic products
- Decisive, independent and passionate
- Can work well in a team
- Fluent in English and preferably German