€ 70,000 - € 85,000
Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
International adventure for an experienced tool maker.
As Tool & Die Engineering Manager (TDEM) you will direct all activities and provide technical leadership for manufacturing engineering, design engineering, tool & die making and equipment maintenance. This will include 3 managers who will report directly to you and another 184 people working in the “tool and machine shop”. Your responsibilities will include design, development and optimization of manufacturing processes, equipment, and tooling used in the metal packaging industry and this hands-on position requires dynamic leadership, problem solving skills, innovative thinking and strategic orientation.
Amongst other you will have a direct oversight of machine shop operations, which include design, fabrication and repair of production tools, die, jigs, fixtures and equipment. You will help to develop and improve manufacturing processes by analysing and optimizing plant layout, sourcing new and more efficient equipment, and finding ways to reduce manufacturing costs. In this dynamic and growing organization you will be in close contact with the management team of all disciplines and you will plan, direct and coordinate activities in design, maintenance, repair and modification of equipment, machinery, tools, die and fixtures.
Furthermore you will:
- Lead in risk assessment, benchmarking and implementation of recognized engineering practices
- Guide design engineering in selecting materials, tools, processes and equipment
- Provide guidance in the development of tool & die materials, technology and work flow
- Manage and prioritize simultaneous engineering projects, ensuring all projects meet requirements, stay within budget and adhere to planned time-lines
- Manage documentation up-dates for all new and/or changing specifications and drawings
The original family business we work for is one of Asia Pacific region’s premier manufacturers of rigid packaging products for consumer products. It is a full-service company of whom the product line includes a broad range of aluminium and steel cans, as well as closures and other components, aerosol cans and battery covers.
In addition to being the largest of its kind manufacturer in their home country, our client exports more than half a billion cans each year to over fifteen countries in the Pacific region.
Our client is offering an excellent and complete expat remuneration package. This includes a salary of approximately USD 80,000 - 100,000 a year .This is net of Indonesian taxes. Furthermore, you will receive housing in Jakarta, car and a driver, schooling for children from 6-18 years old, and reimbursement on medical expenses incurred in Indonesia.
- Toolmaker Apprentice program and/or Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- More than 15 years of progressive tool & die manufacturing experience with at least five years in a supervisory/management role
- Solid background in engineering design and manufacturing principles, with preferred experience in CNC machining, tooling manufacturing and press operations
- Good mathematical, analytical and written communication skills
- Fluent in English and able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- Planning and organization skills to run and monitor your department
- Decisive and strong
- Willing to relocate to Jakarta for 3-5 years or indefinitely