Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
High Tech, Engineering
Over deze vacature
The Greenhouse project is replacing the ClearCase environment by a state-of-the art software development environment and enabling the migration. The project is called Greenhouse because the new environment will evolve step by step on a new foundation. This software development environment services a large community with over 2500 active developers. The software being developed is deployed to the ASML machines at the customer.
Migrating the software to the new platform is an essential part of the project and your role. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team with IT and software engineers to deliver results fast and in short cycles. This team delivers the solution in incremental steps with a strong connection to the tools and techniques provided to the end-users.
Role and responsibilities
You will be working in one of the greenhouse engineering teams as a (senior) engineer or lead. These teams are typically sized 4-7 highly skilled and educated people. You will be in the lead for migrating (teams of) users to the greenhouse development environment:
- Intake: analyze and align migration recipe for a team
- Plan and prepare migration steps and activities (cross-team alignment)
- Performing from migration steps
- Act as single point of contact towards end users
- Mentor & coach end users
- Troubleshooting migration issues
- Knowledge sharing and support towards Greenhouse and the wider community
- Improve migration steps, automate,
- Define and align on improvement of capabilities needed
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Software Engineer and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive salary between €70.000 - €90.000 depending on your experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
Bachelor or master degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or comparable.
Knowledge & experience
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong knowledge on software development using C/C++, Python
- Software development within ASML or similar environments is a plus
- Knowledge of ASML software architecture and tooling is a plus
- DevSecOps tools and principles
- Strong knowledge on ecosystems (SCM and CICD) such as GitHub (is a plus), Atlassian, Azure DevOps
- Linux (RHEL) and similar operating systems
- Build systems (Bazel is a plus, Cmake, Gradle)
- Infrastructure as code tools (such as Rundeck, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet)
- Containerization knowledge & experience (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cloud platform knowledge (GCP)
- Secure development knowledge
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.