Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, Engineering, High Tech
Over deze vacature
In the IT PT Software department we provide the development environment for large groups of software developers (>5000). These developers work on the software that controls our high-tech machines. Next to continuous enhancement of the existing environment we are implementing a new set of state-of-the-art off-the-shelf tools (e.g. source control management, software build and pipeline management, artefact storage, etc.). We are expanding our teams to be able to deliver both the required enhancements and the new environment. Therefore we are also looking for an experienced scrum master that can play a key role in bringing Scrum to the next level and further integrate the teams in the Agile Release Train.
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
Within ASML, the Engineering IT Services Software (P&T - SW) group is responsible for the software development environment. This environment consists of integrated development, build, test and release environments of the ASML product software.
As a senior scrum master you will have the following responsibilities:
- Servant Leader by coaching the team in becoming a self-organizing scrum team and facilitate the team’s meetings, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, and the daily stand-up.
- Monitoring & Tracking the work in progress during daily stand-up and help to identify and remove blockages for developers, helping in resolving impediments and manage dependencies.
- Help the team in improving efficiency (continuous improvement).
- Work together with Product Owner, Chief Product Owner (in SAFe a Product Manager) and Release Train Engineer, in handling changes in backlog and scope.
- Align the team activities with stakeholders.
- As we are growing the teams will be expanded and new teams will be formed. You will play an important role in helping these teams in this dynamic situation to become successful.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strategic thinking, solving today’s problems while keeping in mind a long-term plan.
- Good listening skills, creative thinking.
- Good coaching skills.
- Very good communication & diplomacy skills
- Analytic mindset, able to quickly assess issues and their root causes.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- At least a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or equivalent experience.
- Certified Scrum Master.
- Certified in Scaled Agile Framework.
- At least 5 years’ experience with building self-organizing Scrum teams.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a scaled agile environment (SAFe, LeSS, etc).
- Preferably a technical background or a strong interest in technology.