Contract with Client
(Petro)Chemical, HR, Logistics & Transportation
Over deze vacature
Do you have several years of recruitment experience and are you looking for a new challenge at a dynamic and innovative employer? VPS may have the perfect job vacancy for you!
The Talent Manager will join VPS' Human Resource department and oversee the full-cycle recruitment both operationally and strategically. Primary tasks to accomplish this include sourcing candidates through various channels, planning interview and selection procedures, and hosting or participating in career events.
You work closely with hiring managers to ensure they have a diverse set of qualified individuals. You devise and implement sourcing strategies, such as employer branding initiatives to achieve long-term success in the industry by building pipelines through innovative processes like social media interviews or video sharing platforms on VPS' website.
This position requires someone who can build processes from the ground up, resulting in a lot of freedom and responsibility. Success in this role will deliver a pipeline of candidates for key roles in the company that are necessary to deliver business growth. Initially, this position focuses on the EU region, possibly with a future global scope. You report directly to the HR Manager.
As Talent Manager you are responsible for the following tasks and activities:
- Develop long-term recruiting strategies and nurture trusting relationships with potential hires
- Contribute to achieving the strategic growth ambitions of VPS
- Sourcing, attracting, and interviewing prospective employees to find the best match for long-term goals
- Coordinating with hiring managers to identify staffing needs
- Determining selection criteria
- Planning interview and pre-selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments, and in-person interviews
- Sourcing potential candidates through online channels (e.g. social platforms and professional networks)
- Assessing candidate information, including resumes and contact details
- Designing job descriptions and interview questions that reflect the requirements for each position
- Leading employer branding initiatives
- Organize and attend job fairs and recruitment events
- Forecast quarterly and annual hiring needs by department
- Foster long-term relationships with past applicants and potential candidates
VPS is the world’s largest marine fuel and oil testing and advisory company, using its deep technical knowledge to innovate new test methods today. VPS provides Testing and Inspection services globally to the maritime industry and is the clear market leader in its niche end market, operating on a global basis with services provided. The VPS Head Office is in the Netherlands (Barendrecht) with other locations in Singapore, Houston, Fujairah, and the UK.
Historically, the drivers for testing marine fuels were to protect the vessel, the ship’s crew, and the environment. More recently, Ship Operators are on a journey of decarbonisation driven by consumer and regulatory pressure. VPS is also changing to meet our customer needs with a focus on providing services to support decarbonisation. In addition, VPS has focussed on data analytics to enable the performance of vessels to be measured, which is called digital decarbonization, and helps to control emissions.
VPS offers an interesting and very varied position within a leading and innovative company.
Additionally, VPS offers the right candidate the following terms of employment:
- Monthly salary between €3,500 and €5,500 for 37,5 hours working week
- Non-contributory pension
- At least 29 vacation days
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Contribution towards medical expenses (50 percent)
The perfect candidate for this position can optimally utilize tools like social media, resume databases and, professional networks to attract the perfect people for open vacancies.
The ideal candidate fits the following profile:
- In possession of an Bachelor degree
- At least 3 years of experience as Talent Manager or in a similar role
- A proactive attitude and the ability to work independently, a customer-oriented mindset, and assertive energy to acquire relevant information within departments
- In possession of a driving license B and living within a reasonable distance of Rotterdam
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as persuasiveness
- A network in the maritime sector is a big plus
- Openness to occasional business travel
- Excellent Dutch and English knowledge (both verbal and written)
Are you a talented and experienced recruitment specialist? Apply now!