Contract with Client
Over deze vacature
Are you looking for a financial position with a broad range of responsibilities? Are you a team player who likes to share (his or her) knowledge, and do you know your way around streamlining data and reporting within an international organization? Do you, on top of all of this, have a big interest in new energy? VTTI, one of the world's leading storage providers for energy might be looking for you.
You are responsible for preparing (monthly) consolidated reporting to management, the shareholders and other stakeholders. You will work closely with 2 other Group Accountants, which offers a lot of opportunities to get involved in a wide range of projects and topics. From process optimization to technical accounting. You will also collaborate with the local finance teams. Given that they are generally quite small (2-3 people on average), you will be their financial advisor. You ensure the transfer of knowledge that is built across the operating companies and facilitate the sharing of best practices between teams. You will work in the Group Reporting team at the headquarters in Rotterdam and report into the Head of group reporting.
Part of the reporting team’s current ambition is to streamline the ESG data collection and reporting process across the group in accordance with CSRD. This process gives a wide opportunity and exposure to be a reliable business partner with multiple disciplines within the group, such as HSE, HR and Legal.
- Managing the monthly consolidation process of financial and non-financial data in the Hyperion Financial Management system
- Review the monthly reports from the operating companies and prepare the budget vs actual analysis for management
- Preparation of IFRS consolidated financial statements and disclosures
- Be an advisor to local (finance) teams on the financial (reporting) consequences of complex transactions
- Maintenance of standard chart of accounts and accounting manual
- Research and analyze technical accounting issues and propose and document solutions/treatments that can be presented to management and external auditors
- Contribute to an effective internal control framework for the group
- Assist in coordination of the global audit process
- Participate in projects (IT system upgrades, M&A, tax) as required
VTTI is one of the world’s leading storage providers for energy and other essential products like chemicals, with its headquarters in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Located at major shipping crossroads and supply gateways, VTTI provides over 10 million cubic metres of storage capacity across five continents. VTTI focusses on developing and implementing sustainable solutions, fuelling the transition to the energy needs of tomorrow and building the emerging renewable value chain.
Do it the VTTI way
Different nationalities, diverse cultures, other ways of thinking. Working together to get the very best out of each other. That’s VTTI. We succeed through teamwork. From engineers and operators to IT innovators and business developers, VTTI is the result of talent that is full of energy. With opportunities and a culture that motivates and challenges talented people. We have a flat organization, with an open and flexible climate, where everyone has an important and equal role to play. We work and succeed together.
At VTTI you work in an international and diverse environment, where teamwork is key. The culture is both challenging and motivating. It’s a flat organisation with an open and flexible climate. Your yearly salary will be between € 60,000 - € 70,000 and there’s a favorable bonus opportunity based on pay for performances and you will have 27 days of leave. Also you can join the collective health insurance, with employer contribution. The job is full time but working part time can be discussed. Furthermore, there are a lot of possibilities for training and development.
You are an energetic self-starter with attention for detail and a team player who is always prepared to help out. Furthermore:
- You have a (post) master’s degree and IFRS/ESG knowledge and experience;
- You worked at least 4 years in an accounting, audit or control position;
- You have knowledge of internal control frameworks;
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken (other languages are a plus).