Secondment via YER, Contract with Client, Secondment with contracting
Over deze vacature
Within the Embedded Engineering department (part of DAF Product Development), we are searching for a Control System Owner. As Control System Owner for a new powertrain project you will play a key role in leading the integration and application of a completely new diesel engine platform for DAF, Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks.
- Define and validate Diagnostics tool implementation for production and field:
- Software variant release process
- ECU software flashing routine o End Of Line test process
- Support diagnostic & repair instruction development
- Commissioning of the powertrain controls and diagnostics for production and test
- Coordinate and execute development activities for your Control System, e.g.
- Technical (process) requirements
- Risk analysis and validation plans for both hardware & software components
- Issue analyses & troubleshooting
- Coordination of Cybersecurity and Functional Safety deliverables
- Create and monitor platform project plans
- Supplier management
- Presenting and reporting project status for Quality, Cost, Timing and Performance (QCTP)
- Organizing and participating in supplier & internal project meetings
The System Owner reports to the Engineer Supervisor EE System Engineering with respect to process, quality and to the corresponding Project Lead Engineer for project status.
"You will be part of an experienced international team of the Platform Development group of DAF Embedded Engineering that is located in our modern new office in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Embedded Engineering has over 160 highly skilled people today. Together they deliver world class engineering in the domains of engine controllers and vehicle controllers.
Next to that, focusing on common software development, Embedded Engineering works closely together with PACCAR Embedded Engineering located in Renton (near Seattle), the USA. The products developed within Embedded Engineering are applied on DAF trucks but also in the famous PACCAR brands Kenworth and Peterbilt. Through component sales our products are used by leading bus and coach manufacturers."
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as automotive professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor or a Master Degree in Automotive/Embedded Engineering or equivalent with at least 3 year experience in a coordinating role, multiple years’ experience in project lead role is an asset
- 3 years’ experience with Control System Development
- Experience with diagnostic tooling & protocols, back-office processes
- Experience with supplier management
- Team player, pro-active, strong analytical skills, problem solving attitude
- Good English skills are mandatory combined with Dutch (or at least willingness to learn Dutch)