Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
As a Senior Software Engineer – IoT Edge, you will be responsible for getting operational data to the cloud, working with cutting-edge technologies and protocols to help extract, contextualize, and analyze data from our equipment to drive insights that optimize performance, enable predictive maintenance, and improve processes. We are searching for a practical person who loves working with on edge products and getting data to the cloud, someone who likes to get things done and lead by example.
- Design and develop software solutions for data acquisition and IoT systems using Java.
- Work with the latest IoT edge technologies, including Kafka, AVRO and OPC UA to extract and transmit data from our equipment to the cloud.
- Stay at the forefront of emerging trends and technologies in data acquisition, IoT, and cloud computing to drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate closely with equipment teams to understand their data needs.
- Develop and maintain software for IoT edge devices, leveraging microservices architecture to support scalable and flexible solutions.
- Lead and mentor junior team members, providing technical guidance and leading by example.
- Cultivating a security-first mindset.
Vanderlande is a global leader in providing baggage handling systems for over 600 airports and handling 52 million parcels per day. As they continue to expand their technology department and become more data-driven, they are looking for a Senior Software Engineer – IoT Edge to join their Digital Service Platform department, specifically in the Digital Readiness Team.
- Experience with Azure IoT Edge and Azure Cloud.
- Strong programming skills in Java, with knowledge of C# being a plus.
- Experience in developing cloud-based & Edge applications and services using microservices architecture.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Truly understanding of DevOps principles (culture, automation, lean, measurement, shared responsibility)