Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. ASML has its R&D and manufacturing operations over the whole world.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you will always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You’ll be part of a dynamic work environment where you will collaborate with supportive colleagues. Your main task as an infra focused security specialist is to protect ASML’s intellectual property. You are always invited to share creative and unique points of view. You will be given the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems together with your team members.
The Competence Center IT P&T is a sub-department within the IT organization; this department is responsible for the infrastructure and tooling for ASML’s development and engineering departments. The Security Specialist will be working within the IT P&T Security team. The Security team is responsible for the provision of tools and insights with regards to securing the complete software development environment that is used by more than 4000 product software developers within ASML.
The IT P&T- SW organization is in transition toward an Agile (SAFe) set up with DevOps teams. There are more than 30 DevOps teams working on the different business lines and within different ART’s. Security has a major focus within the SAFe teams.
Key challenge is on one hand to have a state-of-the-art environment to support the newest product development and on the other hand safeguard the security and longterm support for the growing installed product base in use. Therefor ASML is currently embracing Cloud computing, which requires profound knowledge of cloud security, although legacy on premise systems will remain in operation for some time.
Role and responsibilities
- Identify and resolve infra related security issues, (e.g. security in the cloud, vulnerability management, container security, and network storage).
- Develop and maintain security tools and insights to validate the security configuration and behavior of systems and applications.
- Work in an Agile scrum team/SAFe team.
- Strong partner in discussions with Infrastructure architects and DevOps teams.
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Candidate is well acquainted with infrastructure security aspects. Further requirements of the candidate are:
- HBO+ or Academic level education;
- Preferably 5-10 years of relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of and/or certified in information security
- Experience with development, architecture, operations and security aspects of a cloud environment, preferably Azure and/or Google (GCP).
- Knowledge of and/or certified in information security (ISO27001), risk management and cyber security (SSCP/CISSP) is appreciated.
- Strong software development skills, e.g. best practices such as linting, knowledge of frameworks, development of pipelines and automated tests, debugging, etc. Python is a plus.
- Experienced and/or certified in Agile/DevOps (Scrum/SAFe) is highly appreciated.
- Familiar with container development & operations (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Familiar with configuration management and other automation tools such as Puppet or Ansible, InSpec, Rundeck, Jenkins.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude;
- Pragmatic, flexible, committed to quality;
- Team worker, good social skills, customer-oriented;
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-user;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English);
- Strong documenting capabilities.