Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Technical lead on vehicle domain embedded system with strong analytical and interpersonal skills!
For the Embedded Engineering – Architecture department we are looking for a Function Lead Engineer. As Function Lead Engineer you are responsible for the technical lead on Application Software (ASW) development and architecture for vehicle domain embedded controller.
- Monitor and discuss technical status of function/ASW development for vehicle domain embedded system with the internal stakeholders; technical status relates to both issue resolution and change requests;
- Create functional reference architecture and Software Architecture Design (SWAD) templates;
- You work closely together with the domain specialists; you coordinate domain exceeding activities within the platform and distribute domain specific activities according the functional reference architecture;
- Align with external stakeholders to be prepared for upcoming functions and features in future projects;
- Supports Product Owner on Functional and Application SW related topics
- In the position of Function Lead Engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor Software Architecture.
The Architecture department within Embedded Engineering is responsible for the E/E, Control System and SW Architecture of PACCAR engines and DAF Vehicles and specific Electronic Control Units under its responsibility. The department is divided in two groups: E/E Architecture and Software Architecture. You will be working in the Software Architecture group.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as automotive professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Education on Master level with a specialisation in control theory, mechanical- or automotive engineering;
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in the vehicle and powertrain functional domain
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes and experience with real time embedded systems;
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract from the current situation and to explain complex technical information clearly;
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and synthesizing, and the ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill;
- Fluent in the English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing to learn the Dutch language.
The following requirements are nice-to-have:
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques, preferably in Matlab/Simulink and Stateflow;
- Experience with agile/scrum;
- Experience with process supporting tools for defect management, calibration and programming;
- Knowledge of (CAN) communication and diagnostics;
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262, AutoSAR and SPICE.