Technical Writer opportunity! Interested? Apply now
In dienst van opdrachtgever, Detachering via YER, Detavast
Over deze vacature
As a Technical Writer, you create technical information for the Customer Services organization of the Image Guided Therapy (IGT Business Group). The types of information that they create include repair, maintenance, upgrade and installation information. This information is mostly for their Service Engineers, who use it when installing, troubleshooting and repairing their complex imaging systems.
The Technical Writers are part of the Fixed Systems team. This teams consists of Project managers, Service Innovation Engineers and Technical Writers. The Technical Writers create and deliver high quality service information for every lifecycle phase of a medical system. The Technical Writers together with the Technical Illustrators work in close cooperation with the (Service Innovation) engineers. This way of working creates a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities to explore.
- Gather information about new system releases or changes to the existing systems by interviewing engineers, observing equipment operation, searching for and going through other technical documents;
- Discuss and align the documentation requests and requirements with the person that provides the information, and with fellow writers;
- Monitor the progress, take care of timely communication, and secure deadlines;
- Create, develop, plan, write, design, and edit service information;
- Design, write and maintain system specific installation documents of X-ray systems;
- Use various text editors (MS-Word, X-Metal) and Content Management Systems (ST4, PTC-Windchill);
- Write for reuse, use controlled language;
- Collaborate with illustrators and process the created technical illustrations.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching;
- Healthy work-life balance;
- To work in a dynamic and driven team in which you can grow and gain experience in a multinational environment;
- Working for a world player can help you to further your career.
- Bachelor degree in English language and / or engineering (technical domain);
- 5 years of experience as a technical writer;
- Linguistic/communication background is a pre;
- Project management skills;
- Experience with medical or high tech equipment;
- Thorough experience with structured authoring tools (XML editors), topic based writing, single source publishing and Content Management Systems;
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge of controlled language or documentation standards is a pre.